Honored Contributor

Re: Young Farm Boy-- Innocence, Delight, Gratitude

Absolutely, maestra.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I do not know who is crying more, the young boy or me, what a special young man, I see a very bright future for him!

Oh @CareBears you and me both, I still get teary eyed just thinking about it . . . Heart

@Oznell thanks for posting this great clip!

Honored Contributor

This is the life of many a farm raised kid. It is a way of life in rural America.

It sounds like a lot. But when you consider that farm folks get up super early, and many don't have a lot of the distractions that kids in the city do (excessive time with electronics and video games), it opens up a lot of time to do things like this child does. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

This is the life of many a farm raised kid. It is a way of life in rural America.

It sounds like a lot. But when you consider that farm folks get up super early, and many don't have a lot of the distractions that kids in the city do (excessive time with electronics and video games), it opens up a lot of time to do things like this child does. 

@Mominohio I couldn't have said this better myself. My mom's family were farmers so I totally get this video.  I guess for me is the pure joy that both the son and the father expressed in the video . . . may those that have children also experience this happiness . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

Perfectly expressed, thank you, mominohio and mtc!  This video subtly says so much about a way of life, an attitude, the importance of family, and sheer love...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved this. No entitlement here. You get what you worked for and are grateful for what you get.  I live in rural Indiana.  My grandparents owned a farm so we have known lots of people who brought their kids up like this.  It does my heart good to know there are parents who still take time to teach their kids these important lessons in life....... whether they live in the city or the country...New York city or rural Indiana.