Trusted Contributor

Re: You've got to read the fine print.

@Porcelain I was about to make the same comment. Ulta's coupons are never any good on the brands I use. They seem to only work on their house brands. Once in a great while they'll include a name brand, but not very often. I just throw them away when I get them in the mail. 

As for Macy's, I stopped shopping there almost 6 years ago. Our Macy's is just a junk shop. There are racks and racks of clearance and the dressing rooms are a disaster. There were always more clothes in the dressing rooms than on the racks as they never had enough sales personnel to restock and take care of customers. I think the overextended when they took over all of the old May Co. stores and that's why their quality and service went down the tubes.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman : Why do they spend money to print the coupon?

Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee To get you into the store. They know you'll spend money anyway, coupon or not.

Super Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@gardenman       The Macy's store at Paradise Valley, AZ is closing its doors after 40 years.   Not enough business........gosh, I wonder WHY..........

Macy's is in trouble nation wide.  But PV mall has been sketchy for years. 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@gardenman : Why do they spend money to print the coupon?

I have no idea. It's an interesting marketing strategy. Not one I'd recommend. I expect some exclusions as some items have lower markups and prices are set by the manufacturer, but they really went to extremes with this one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

no truer words were said!!!

I got them -- everything I put in cart was excluded🤔

Kohl's sent me coupon ... the list was longer than usual for exclusions.

The worse bait I fell for was this. I've been shopping for Dining and guest Bedroom furniture.   I got the "special invite" coupon 20% off entire purchase from the store & free delivery.  went to store -- ordered what pieces I wanted salesgirl gave me total.  What?????? That math can't be right🤔 FINE print was 20% off purchase put on their store charge card & purchase amount $2,999 and over.

No sale but the kicker:  "free delivery" to my front door only😳 whose suppose to carry it in.... BUT would carry in & set up for $125 first 2 items each additional item $35😳

At least they got me in the store!!!

Honored Contributor

I remember when Kohls used to run commercials slamming all the exclusions other companies had on their coupons.  You knew it was aimed directly at Macy's.

Now Kohls is just as bad.