Frequent Contributor

You see me walking down the street wearing a pair of Rykas ...

Do they stand out like a sore thumb and scream old lady?

I have a few pairs. When I look in the mirror I'm not sure they're aging me or not. Maybe it's just my size (9). Maybe it's just me and my impression.

Anybody else have thoughts on Rykas and their image. They're so comfortable, and I really like my fisherman sandal Rykas, but those in particular don't always make me feel too stylish.

Occasional Contributor

Re: You see me walking down the street wearing a pair of Rykas ...

Forget sytlish!! They are just super comfortable.  Unfortunately, they have discontinued carrying the fisherman sandal.  The other styles are not as comfortable and do not offer the support these did. 

I keep hoping they'll bring them in again, before the end of summer.

I hope they read these posts!!!!

Honored Contributor

Who cares???

Comfort is what's it's all about.

Besides, you can look "stylish" or modern elsewhere:  clothing, accessories, hair , makeup.

Honored Contributor

@MIMIJ

@hippiegirl

@feline groovy

Another vote here for Ryka comfort!

I have my Ryka mules/slides on right now as a matter of fact!

Honored Contributor

@MIMIJ

Their fisherman styles are still available at Amazon and Ebay - great prices, too.

Just search for Ryka sandals + your size, as they might be called by different names.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear Rykas and love the comfort. Once I passed 50 ( a while back LOL) I stopped caring what people think and more about how I felt in what I was wearing.   

Honored Contributor

I'm 57, when I wear my Rykas it's because I'm doing my walking.  Image doesn't even factor into it.  When I'm walking around the park or my neighborhood not a single person is assessing my fashion vibes...lol   The paparazi are not following me around...lol    What's wrong with Ryka's anyway, they are athletic shoes.  Just like all the other athletic shoes out there.  

Respected Contributor

@hippiegirl wrote:

Do they stand out like a sore thumb and scream old lady?

I have a few pairs. When I look in the mirror I'm not sure they're aging me or not. Maybe it's just my size (9). Maybe it's just me and my impression.

Anybody else have thoughts on Rykas and their image. They're so comfortable, and I really like my fisherman sandal Rykas, but those in particular don't always make me feel too stylish.

If they're comfortable, wear them.  I think we all get hung up on the thought that others pay a lot of attention to what we're wearing when in reality, they really don't care.

Honored Contributor

I have one pair f Rykas, hate them. They're backless and I can't keep them on. One tripped me up coming down the stairs. My go to comfort shoes for walking are my Sketchers Go Walk. 

Honored Contributor

I think sneakers are for comfort and athletics.  And athletics are cool!  (Actually, being comfortable is cool!)

I don't have any Rykas as the ones I've tried on didn't feel right on me, but I love my old Chuck Taylors with Superfeet insoles.  I could wear them all day