Honored Contributor

Re: You’re missing out when you don’t read the later posts in a thread

Some posters only read the first post then what they say has already been said a number of times. Which is fine when you say you haven’t read and are only replying to the op. Threads do get old after awhile.

I only heart posts that I agree with or a sad post. I don’t heart a post just to heart it.

Honored Contributor

So, we must commit to a thread when we begin reading it?

No, I'm not finishing every thread I start to read.  I will just have to deal with missing those last posts.  Sometimes a couple pages of posts.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

No, I'm not finishing every thread I start to read.  I will just have to deal with missing those last posts.  Sometimes a couple pages of posts.

I don't think that was the intent of OP. I think she was just sharing/giving a heads-up that some might be missing some funny (or informative?) replies. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I don't think that was the intent of OP. I think she was just sharing/giving a heads-up that some might be missing some funny (or informative?) replies. 

Well, that's a relief.

Cat Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the number of posts some threads attain is a reason to suggest perhaps threads should have a maximum number of responses cap and/or a finite time for response posts after the date of the OP.  If the subject matter of the OP is still hot a new thread can begin, or there may even be a second or third thread on the same topic already created.  

Honored Contributor

The post has to be something I'm really interested in to read the whole thread. I get what you are saying though and will try to get through the whole thread from now on.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I notice that on most threads, the posts toward the end have no hearts or few hearts. It seems like few people read these posts. I read them. There are gems among them and you could be missing out by not taking a look.

@Mindy D  Just because you didn’t heart a post doesn’t mean you didn’t read it. As I said on another post here, there is no way I would heart every post I read. Especially if I didn’t agree with them. 

So when you see posts that don’t have a heart don’t assume they haven’t been read. I see nowhere on these forums that say you have to heart a post when you read it.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I notice that on most threads, the posts toward the end have no hearts or few hearts. It seems like few people read these posts. I read them. There are gems among them and you could be missing out by not taking a look.

You are so right about that. Lots of good posts noted, I think some people just take the time to really think something through before posting. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I only heart a post when I agree with it, its by on means an indication if I have read it or not, hearts should not be a popularity

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mindy D  Just because you didn’t heart a post doesn’t mean you didn’t read it. As I said on another post here, there is no way I would heart every post I read. Especially if I didn’t agree with them. 

So when you see posts that don’t have a heart don’t assume they haven’t been read. I see nowhere on these forums that say you have to heart a post when you read it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I usually read every post in a thread.I don’t add my two cents to really long threads because I figure everyone has moved on.