Honored Contributor

Re: You’re missing out when you don’t read the later posts in a thread

@SunValley wrote:

@dooBdoo Thank you for all the great tips and explanations on how the forums work. I really wasn’t sure about the “view” count but couldn’t see how it could count individual posts read, rather just the times the page was opened, and you validated that. And then all the added graphics are really helpful. So a big thank you from me. 

You’re welcome, @SunValley.   Thank you for your thoughtful post.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'll sometimes give a heart to a post at the end because I want those who are late to the party to know someone read their thoughts.

Speaking as someone who is often late to the party, I think that's really sweet.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

I'll sometimes give a heart to a post at the end because I want those who are late to the party to know someone read their thoughts.

@AuntG...Me too.  I honestly feel bad for those who aren't recognized as having taken the time to post on a thread.  

I also feel that the person who started the thread should acknowledge each poster with a heart. 

@Lindsays Grandma   How do you know they are not recognized? It’s ridiculous to heart each post. Like another poster said, just look at how many views are on each post. The views actually show how many posters read the post. I would never heart each post I have read. Why would anyone heart a post that doesn’t match what they are saying?

I think everyone views hearts differently.  I tend to give hearts if I agree with what the poster has said.  Or to acknowledge someone who is being especially kind to the OP, for example, or who has offered helpful advice.

I don't see much point in hearting every post.  That's just checking off as having been read, and dilutes the "I liked your post" intention that I think hearts are supposed to convey.

JMO, obviously!  Everyone should give hearts as freely or as sparingly as they want!  Smiley Happy

(Please excuse the super-awkward sentence a couple of sentences above.  I'm tired and can't do better than that right now.)  Smiley Frustrated