Honored Contributor

You’re missing out when you don’t read the later posts in a thread

I notice that on most threads, the posts toward the end have no hearts or few hearts. It seems like few people read these posts. I read them. There are gems among them and you could be missing out by not taking a look.

Honored Contributor

Re: You’re missing out when you don’t read the later posts in a thread

Im guilty of this on some threads, the extremely negative or bashing threads.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Or like watching paint drySmiley Happy Just saying..... ho hum

Honored Contributor

I'll sometimes give a heart to a post at the end because I want those who are late to the party to know someone read their thoughts.

Honored Contributor

i do think that some people just get tired of a thread so they no longer read and react to them. i also think when a thread goes "overboard" then some people tend to "abandon the ship." there are other threads that pretty much always say the same thing from beginning to end. of course, there are always some posters who dont care for other posters and wont give them a heart no matter what. there are some people who dont give hearts at all.

many different reasons......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'll sometimes give a heart to a post at the end because I want those who are late to the party to know someone read their thoughts.

Sweet.  Thoughtful.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I do this all the time. 

Honored Contributor

I think some people have the time or desire to follow a thread for days and days but some of don't.  We follow a thread for a while but then we move on to other posts.  When it comes long threads, everything has already been said and the last posters often aren't saying anything that hasn't already been said, more than once.  

Respected Contributor

To be honest, I've never really thought about it. I read posts that peak my interest. But if a post becomes argumentative, mean or redundant, that's when I move on.

Trusted Contributor

I jump into threads very late, often. It's that I hadn't noticed them until they were dragged up to the top after a few days.  I know, at that point, I'm talking mostly to myself. 😆

But, I understand that people tire of a thread.