Esteemed Contributor

Re: You're Not Crazy: USPS Is Allegedly Reporting They Delivered Packages When They Haven't

@Isobel Archer You have to fill out a complaint online with the postmaster general for any small hope of a reasonable response to a grievance.  They make the consumer jump through hoops.

Respected Contributor

Re: You're Not Crazy: USPS Is Allegedly Reporting They Delivered Packages When They Haven't

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

@Isobel Archer You have to fill out a complaint online with the postmaster general for any small hope of a reasonable response to a grievance.  They make the consumer jump through hoops.

@Snoopp  Didn't know that.  Will do that the next time I have an issue.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Our dear neighbors took a short trip to CA over the holiday weekend and we watched their house.  They are right across from us.  Anette called and said her humidifier had been delivered and would we go get the pkg, not there.  She made several calls to QVC and the shipper and got nowhere!  A couple days later she got another text saying it was delivered again.  This time when my DH ran around their house he found a pkg in the back and brought it home.  Annette got a stress headache and DH got his exercise for the day. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't understand the furor over Amazon using their own delivery people. Why is this any different than their using one of the traditional carriers?

Besides having total strangers in your area knowing when and how many deliveries you get, here is another reason it's a bad idea:

Delivery vehicle with 40 Amazon packages inside stolen .

Edited to add:  And here's another one:  "A driver for Amazon Prime delivered packages to several South Russell homes on Monday. But, according to police, the driver left the deliveries at the end of the driveways, near the street."  --from South Russell police take issue with recent Amazon deliveries

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Just this morning my daughter called and asked me if I sent the envelope she'd requested yesterday.  I said, "Yes, next day and it wasn't cheap".

The mail lady was standing in my daughter's house and she said she'd left early and might have missed it.  Then mail lady called her post office and they said envelope was there, so someone was going to come out and deliver it to my daughter today.

Honored Contributor

I am amazed that you all are able to call your post office and actually get someone to pick up the phone.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

My complaints are usually with Fed Ex and not USPS. Fed Ex can't seem to deliver to the right address or they can't figure out where the front of my house is when the package won't fit in my large mailbox. They delivered a handbag someone sent me to the house of renters next door. The renters, all college people, didn't know whom it belonged to, so they just let it sit in their house. I had to do a tracer on it for Fed Ex to locate it. Then another neighbot of mine had his Haggis from Scotland get delivered to MY house which is a block and a half away....also Fed Ex. Our addresses aren't even close and he lives on a different street than I do. It's a wonder anyone gets packages with all the mistakes made. Then there's the thieves who come up on your porch and steal your packages.  OY!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't understand the furor over Amazon using their own delivery people. Why is this any different than their using one of the traditional carriers?

Exactly.  Many of whom are seasonal.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman

I have had horrendous problems with FedEx over the years, all involving mis-delivered packages.  By the time FedEx tracked one of  them down, the wrongful recipient had opened the box.

Then there was a blistering hot summer day when our front porch got all the afternoon sun, and FedEx mistakenly left a box addressed to a neighbor on the street behind ours.  It was from a pharmaceutical company, possibly containing medicine that had baked in the sun for hours and probably spoiled before I discovered the package outside the front door.

I couldn't get in touch with the rightful recipient for a long time, and I hope no one was anxiously waiting for needed medication.  (DH quipped that maybe the person died because the medicine came too late.)

Then there was the envelope carefully addressed and prepared for FedEx pickup (when I actually had a personal account with that company).  Somewhere along the line, FedEx had covered the  recipient's address  with a big sticker so only my address was showing, so that's where it wound up after making a long trip to an unknown location.

I did get a refund each time FedEx messed up. 

They REALLY ticked me off when I paid dearly for overnight delivery of a very valuable package to my son.  For some reason, it sat in Indianapolis overnight and would not be delivered until the following day or maybe later if I hadn't asked FedEx to find that thing.  It  was sent from Northern Virginia and was supposed to be in Georgia ASAP, so who knows why it was sitting in Indianapolis.

Super Contributor

I had ordered a gift for my nephew through my Amazon prime with 2 day shipping.  It was to be delivered on a Sunday.  I received the email notification that it was delivered.  I had been home all day, checked everywhere, and it was not there.  I emailed Amazon, apprised them of the situation, and that if this is the way they did business, I would cancel my prime membership and tell everyone I knew about their service.

I then found a website where I could complain to the USPS, and did so through an email.  Lo and behold, I received a phone call from them explaining it was a new carrier who "accidentally" picked up the package only to discover it was not on her route.  She recorded it as delivered and drove it back to the post office.  I told the man that was an unacceptable excuse,  What if it had been a check?   Is is the norm to hire liars and allow them to continue?

I was sent a survey on their service, and did tell the truth.  It has not happened again, and that was over a year ago.  I am tired of people making excuses.  What ever happened to being responsible?