Respected Contributor

You must be my age if you associate Ed McMahon with PCH...just for Fun

I posted something about a scam phone call dh and I received and it led me to look up Publisher's Clearing House. I found this article and something interesting that I did not know. I bet many of you don't either! 

Funny what we think we know. I would have sworn Ed McMahon was in those commercials that came to people's doors with that big check!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/11/21/the-curious-case-of-ed-mcmahon-and-the-publishers...

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Re: You must be my age if you associate Ed McMahon with PCH...just for Fun

How ironic! Those Ed McMahon commercials for a competing company actually helped Publishers' Clearinghouse. How many companies wish that could happen to them?

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea what your age is but I associate Ed McMahon with Johnny Carson.  Heeeeere's Johnny!

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

STAR SEARCH Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Talking about PCH.....how many of you enter when they send you an envelope in the mail? You do not have to buy anything to enter ...just send back the order form according to the info given. 

I always enter! Have for years.  I plan to seen them on my doorstep telling me I won $5000 a day for life! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Talking about PCH.....how many of you enter when they send you an envelope in the mail? You do not have to buy anything to enter ...just send back the order form according to the info given. 

I always enter! Have for years.  I plan to seen them on my doorstep telling me I won $5000 a day for life! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

@SeaMaiden

I may be wrong, but don't they ask you to order magazines?  If you don't order any, my guess is that your entry goes in the trash can!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I may be wrong, but don't they ask you to order magazines?  If you don't order any, my guess is that your entry goes in the trash can!

@fortune No, by law you can enter buying nothing.  Most sweepstakes are run that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, interesting article, I would've gone for it on that million dollar game and I would've lost it all

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

@fortune No, by law you can enter buying nothing.  Most sweepstakes are run that way.

@SeaMaiden

You're right about it being the law, but who's around their mailroom to monitor this???  Just my opinion, though!