Honored Contributor

Re: You know you went on a late night shopping spree when...

@Spurt  Smiley Surprised 

I've actually only ordered home goods because the QVC warehouse is right next door and I seem to get things pretty quick. 

After a lost package from HSN and another one from AL that was finally found, I am pretty much an Amazon girl only because they have their own delivery drivers. 

In fact, half of that Amazon spree was vitamins from AL because I trust no one anymore with shipping and it's not even holiday season yet.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I got my LocknLock I ordered on Sunday yesterday (Wednesday).  I don't live anywhere close to a warehouse.  There's one in Knoxville TN I think.  I'm in AL.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess Mine comes from a warehouse in NC which is about three hours away.  It's always been a Sunday to Wednesday thing too for me.  I am going to guess the post office got involved this time and who knows when I'll see it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  Those are kinda fun but dangerous at the same time!!

My favorite story about this (kinda and I wish I remember where I read it) was a woman high on pain meds post surgery. She was home, in bed and apparently went shopping on Amazon. The ONLY reason she knows this is about 2 weeks after surgery a LARGE box showed up at her home and inside was a BIG RUBBER HORSE HEAD; the kind you wear if you are in a 2-person horse costume. It fits over your entire head and spreads out over your shoulders. She posted a picture of it with her wearing it and I laughed so hard I peed myself (a little). Since it was an Amazon box, she looked up the receipt and well....yep, she had gone shopping that night and has no memory of it.

I make sure to hide the laptop now when I'm on meds, lololol.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee  ROFLMAO!  This is why Alexa has been banned from my home. 

I have been thinking off and on about finally getting an Echo Show during a Black Friday special or something.  No, no!!  No, no!! Not happening now!

Horseheads and Italians don't mix well. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt  Smiley Surprised 

I've actually only ordered home goods because the QVC warehouse is right next door and I seem to get things pretty quick. 

After a lost package from HSN and another one from AL that was finally found, I am pretty much an Amazon girl only because they have their own delivery drivers. 

In fact, half of that Amazon spree was vitamins from AL because I trust no one anymore with shipping and it's not even holiday season yet.

@Laura14 

Im not an Amazon fan....I have had 3 bad experiences with Amazon---3 STRIKES & THEY ARE OUT!!! And their prices arent that great anymore---they switch around their prices (which is a whole other complaint!)

And a word to the wise, some Amazon delivery drivers have taken a photo to confirm a package was delivered and then came back and stole the item---BEWARE! 

Bait & switch 3rd party vendor , all Amazon did was get me a refund, my negative review was deleted, and the vendor is still  there...

My credit card was hacked and it was a card seldom used and Amazon was the only purchase that year.(never store your credit card on Amazon--security breaches have been found on their site)..

And a bad situation regarding a book order 

Yep, this pandemic has an omen of bad things ahead for holiday deliveries....I'd order early if I wanted to make sure somone got their gift....or I would shop locally....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Wow @Spurt , don't tell  me that.  They are my last hope.  I was already toying with just getting gift cards for all the upcoming birthdays and Christmas.  Decision made and my anxiety just went waaaay down.  Let them deal with the shipping headaches.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee  ROFLMAO!  This is why Alexa has been banned from my home. 

I have been thinking off and on about finally getting an Echo Show during a Black Friday special or something.  No, no!!  No, no!! Not happening now!

Horseheads and Italians don't mix well. Smiley LOL

@Laura14 

So true paesano 😉

Do you have pets?  Beware---they can order things too---maybe its not the person making late night orders....Here's my sister's cat caught in ther act on the computer---

Resized_20191125_121539.jpeg

LOL----

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 OMG!  I told you guys my daughter is here helping me.  I told everyone my picture is next to the word "procrastinator"  that's me!

So I need to get my master bathroom 'redone'.  I've put it off for (wait for it....years) because I don't like people in my house and I lay down during the day!

So, she and her sisters decided enough is enough...the house (and especially the bathroom) will get done.

Anyway she introduces me to every delivery place on the planet.

So, I just bought yet another bread maker the other day from QVC.  She found it from where I'd hidden it.  She sits and orders from various delivery places.  This is stuff that will deliver from various grocery stores.

The name of this delivery service is called SHIPT.  You want groceries, you want them today?  You order at noon and they are at your house between 3 and 4.

There are other places that do the same thing.  You guys have no idea (well some do) there's a whole world out here where if you don't mind spending the money (in her case mine...ha) you can have it the same day.

We wanted a filet steak salad from Outback yesterday.  She had it delievered to us at exactly 4:30 yesterday.  It was delicious.

She just turned 40 and knows everything there is to know about ordering and computers.

Sometimes I'll call her in Denver and say "I'd like to have a Red Robin hamburger for dinner".  She'll call it in for me and it will be delivered.

I love some of the things that are available these days...some....ummm...not so much.

Take care sweet girl and be safe and happy.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt Smiley LOL   My doggy passed some time ago and I immediately got a raise I didn't want. 

Everytime I came home, she went straight into my shopping bags because there was usually a new toy or bone for her.  She didn't have to order.  I was her ATM sucker.  LOL