Honored Contributor

Re: You know you're old when . . .

I remember when my mom started saying things like, "I don't want to learn anything new".  That's when I realized she was old. I hope I never utter those words.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@meallen616 The last award show we tried to watch my DH turned over because I kept saying "Who"?

I am very "Old School" when it comes to music, my all time favorite is The Osmond Family, and throw in a little Shania Twain and I am a happy camper!

@CareBearsMe too! I love the Osmonds!

This is so pretty Marie Osmond singing Paper Roses.Heart

It is on You Tube if you don't want to click the link.

https://youtu.be/hRM9ObEUDJ8

Trusted Contributor

All of the above.  I felt for Jerry Seinfeld the other night, some young star wanted to hug him and he said "no, thank you".  When questioned said he didn't know who that was.  I get on the elevator at the office and every other person is either staring at or punching at their phones - who in the world are all these people talking to all day every day??  I just don't get it.

Respected Contributor

These are all great responses. My contribution will be, complaining about prices....that really shows your age. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pqfan I watch the Osmond video's on Youtube nearly every day, and I still drool like a schoolgirl over Donny, that man just get's better looking every year, my DH just shakes his head and said he knows I love Donny more than him (not true BTW).

I have actually met the family on a number of occasions, Jimmy sang "You are so beautiful" to me when I was 17 years old and kissed me smack dab on the lips, I have kissed Donny 3 times on the cheek and had my picture taken with him, and I was at a doll signing with Marie and she told the security guard that my family and I were her friends, I could have died and gone to heaven.

I have been a fan since I was 9 years old and always dreamed of meeting them one day, envisioning how it would go, and they were all beyond my wildest dreams as far as how nice they all were, and to me anyway it seemed they went out of their way to make me feel like I was the only one in the building, they were probably afraid not to, I can just see the loony look I must have had on my face when they first stepped onto the stage, my tongue hanging off to the side, my eyes rolling into the back of my head, the puddle of drool on the floor, you get the picture, LOL!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Pqfan I watch the Osmond video's on Youtube nearly every day, and I still drool like a schoolgirl over Donny, that man just get's better looking every year, my DH just shakes his head and said he knows I love Donny more than him (not true BTW).

I have actually met the family on a number of occasions, Jimmy sang "You are so beautiful" to me when I was 17 years old and kissed me smack dab on the lips, I have kissed Donny 3 times on the cheek and had my picture taken with him, and I was at a doll signing with Marie and she told the security guard that my family and I were her friends, I could have died and gone to heaven.

I have been a fan since I was 9 years old and always dreamed of meeting them one day, envisioning how it would go, and they were all beyond my wildest dreams as far as how nice they all were, and to me anyway it seemed they went out of their way to make me feel like I was the only one in the building, they were probably afraid not to, I can just see the loony look I must have had on my face when they first stepped onto the stage, my tongue hanging off to the side, my eyes rolling into the back of my head, the puddle of drool on the floor, you get the picture, LOL!

@CareBearsWow! That is so cool!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

when you are in any store these days and you hear what is supposed to be music and you  don't know any of the artists playing on their PA system and you don't want to know because they are mostly screeching and wailing anyway

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know you're old when . . . 

1.  The only movies you watch are those on TCM - the oldies/goodies!!

2.  Alexa plays your music free of fees. I guess it's obsolete like you.

3. Your children start to answer questions for you.

4.  Your kids gift you on Mom's Day with an "I've fallen and I can't get up"

device,  and you're not offended.

5.  You know for sure there was only one Johnny Carson.

6.  As DH used to say, "If it doesn't hurt, it itches".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elevator Music is now music I can sing along with!!! LOL

&/or I remember faces.........no names.

and movies I thought came out a short while ago, are 40-50 years old.

But we aren't old, they're just young!! Woman WinkWoman Very Happy