Valued Contributor

Re: You know you're old when . . .

@Pqfan wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@meallen616 The last award show we tried to watch my DH turned over because I kept saying "Who"?

I am very "Old School" when it comes to music, my all time favorite is The Osmond Family, and throw in a little Shania Twain and I am a happy camper!

@CareBearsMe too! I love the Osmonds!

This is so pretty Marie Osmond singing Paper Roses.Heart

It is on You Tube if you don't want to click the link.

https://youtu.be/hRM9ObEUDJ8

Marie Osmond Sings "Pie Jesu" For Son Michael  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZbsDiqSkE

Esteemed Contributor

@Lesa I cry every time I watch that video, I cannot even imagine her strength to get through that, and she still sings it at most if not all the shows she performs in.

She is a strong woman and relies on her faith, she is an amazing woman!

Trusted Contributor

Great topic! A few days ago my son and I were driving in his new car and he had some music playing that I mentioned that I liked. It sounded familiar,like early "rockabilly " meets folk for lack of a better description. He said it was John Mayer. I knew who who he was but wasn't familiar with his music. Long story short, we started comparing new singers to the originals. My son who's in his 20's agreed with me when I said that even though everyone now seems to think that Beyoncé is the queen that the real Queen is Aretha. Gotta love it!

Honored Contributor

You know you are old when you are interested in something about being old.

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup

What's an Amazon Echo???

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal

I never remember faces - even if I spent hours talking to them.

I'm not a visual person.

I'm auditory - voices!!!!

Respected Contributor

DH and I were just talking yesterday about how over the years, as many times as we have moved, we never even gave a thought about the need to live near a hospital/medical center. Now it is a necessity. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

It takes more time to figure out the abbreviations in these posts, than the posts themselves...(btw, imo, ita, etc.)

Honored Contributor

.......you can't remember your age..

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

.......you can't remember your age..

lol! true!Smiley Happy

I always say you're doing okay if you remember your own name, and there may be days when well, you don't!Woman LOL

Sometimes I spend all year trying to remember how old I will be when my birthday comes around and then when it does I think I've had that age all year already and think I'm one year older-hahaha.

My sister and I always give each other a look when our mother says how she can't remember things and thinks its because she's older but we know we've always been this way since we can remember!Smiley LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"