Honored Contributor

Re: You know you’re bored when

....when, at 7am I've just finished breakfast, and I'm already thinking "what's for lunch?" Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

For me, boredom = a lack of energy.  There's always something I COULD do...a cleaning or organizing project, a book to read, a friend to call, a pedicure to give myself.....but sometimes I just don't seem to have the motivation/energy to do stuff.  Then I feel "bored."  Perhaps a degree of depression is involved.

Kinda like feeling "hungry"....I have a refrigerator and cupboards full of stuff, but can't find something to eat (I would have to cook!).  Or a closet full of clothes and "nothing to wear".

it has more to do with my frame of mind and/or energy levels than a lack of something to do/eat/wear.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Anyone who loves to read should never be bored.

Unless, like me, they're waiting on new reading material to be delivered.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

Fill in the blanks 

Mine is I'm begging my husband to get a video game to play so I have something new to watch. I don't have to pay tons of attention and I can knit or crochet. He likes to play the ones that are like adventure type things. It's like watching a movie. 

@Lali1 

Try pogo.com  They have games you can play by yourself, games you can play against robots, or games you can play with other people.....Popular games, card games, puzzle games, hidden object games.....

There's a free version you just have to sit through some short ads....or a paid version with no ads and a lot of perks....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Fill in the blanks 

Mine is I'm begging my husband to get a video game to play so I have something new to watch. I don't have to pay tons of attention and I can knit or crochet. He likes to play the ones that are like adventure type things. It's like watching a movie. 

@Lali1 

Try pogo.com  They have games you can play by yourself, games you can play against robots, or games you can play with other people.....Popular games, card games, puzzle games, hidden object games.....

There's a free version you just have to sit through some short ads....or a paid version with no ads and a lot of perks....

Thank you. I'll check it out. 

Honored Contributor

when I head for the potato chips!!

Honored Contributor

But today, I finished the "Lovey" I was crocheting, I have books at my side and on the coffee table and I'm looking at yarn and books with patterns and the t.v. is on, and the dog is with me, and I haven't even filled in my calendars yet.  

Tigers just won.

Esteemed Contributor

You're reading a message about being bored. Woman LOL

J/K

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

But today, I finished the "Lovey" I was crocheting, I have books at my side and on the coffee table and I'm looking at yarn and books with patterns and the t.v. is on, and the dog is with me, and I haven't even filled in my calendars yet.  

Tigers just won.

Do you ever get in slumps with crochet? I crochet and knit and sometimes nothing seems appealing. I have loads of inspiration pics and patterns everywhere yet still nothing appeals sometimes. I've had the same knit dishcloth sitting in front of me half done for a week. 

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

You're reading a message about being bored. Woman LOL

J/K

When you're here at all 😄