Esteemed Contributor

Re: You know those clickers on your key ring that help you find your car?

What a terrible inconvemience for you, lulu2.  Glad you got it resolved quickly.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow what a mess. I am glad you got it all take care of.

DH sometimes hits the button when we are out shopping, because yes we have reached the age where we sometimes forget where we parked. lol..So I think it comes in  handy, as long as you dont lose your keys (as was the case for you).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

My smart key fob does a lot more than cause my car horn to go off to help me locate the car in a parking lot.  My smart key fob locks and unlocks my car doors, and opens my lift gate.  I lost my  smart key fob at my daughter's house.  I have lost key coverage on my car insurance policy so Nationwide paid the $250.00 charge to replace the lost key fob and program it.  Lost key coverage is worth the extra few dollars the coverage costs.

Up until yesterday I thought these remote fobs were wonderful, particularly on a cold morning.  The thought never crossed my mind what a pain it would be if one was lost.

I am calling our insurance agent today to see if lost key coverage is offered!

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Are these for brand new cars?  

We've had remote starters for (I think) about 10 years.  Back then our cars had keys.  Now they have keyless drive.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I have a keyless car (push ignition)  I'm glad I never have to pull it out of my purse. So long as it's in my purse I can unlock door and trunk. But I'm glad you didn't get your car stolen and I hope someone turns in your clicker

I cannot tell you how many times I've dreamt I go to get in my car only to find it's been stolen.  When I discovered they were gone, the man at CS didn't get why I couldn't remain in the store and search.  He didn't understand why someone with the keys would know where the car was parked.

I checked again today and no one turned in the keys.  I'll give it a few more days before I go ahead and have an extra fob made.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Are these for brand new cars?  

Mine's a 2015 Suburban, but I have a 2002 Suburban, too and they both have clickers, although they look different. 

My husbands truck is a 2014 and his has cracked twice.  They aren't covered under the warranties, either.  Believe me, I asked.

Now that really stinks that your husband's have cracked twice.

Recently I dropped  my fob and it came apart. (for the first time)  It was then I realized there was an emergency key.  I thought I'd broken the device.  This was not pointed out to me when I picked up the car.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

My husband's 2009 Nissan Murano has one as does my 2013 Nissan Maxima, it is chipped so vehicle starts without a key and it operates door locks and trunk release.

I thought all these little conveniences were such a bonus.  The thought never crossed my mind what would happen if I lost the fob.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

What a terrible inconvemience for you, lulu2.  Glad you got it resolved quickly.

Thanks, esme!  Today is a new day.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Wow what a mess. I am glad you got it all take care of.

DH sometimes hits the button when we are out shopping, because yes we have reached the age where we sometimes forget where we parked. lol..So I think it comes in  handy, as long as you dont lose your keys (as was the case for you).

Thanks, Shorty.  I had to laugh at your comment about reaching the age where we sometimes forget where we parked. 

We were at a concert during the winter.  Walking through the parking lot you saw car after car starting by remote.