Honored Contributor

Re: You know that commercial for Sears Optical with the woman and the raccoon

I get one on my second floor deck periodically. They scare me. They are not at all afraid of humans.

Respected Contributor

A word of advice that your mothers probably told you when you were a child. Don't pet strange animals! I realize the woman in the story thought the raccoon was her cat, but I'm talking about petting strange dogs and cats.

I worked as a real estate broker and was at an open house - new construction. This house was in a neighborhood with large lots. The weather was beautiful and I had a chair to sit in on the front porch to await anyone who wanted to see the house. While I was sitting there, a cat came up and started rubbing against my legs. I reached down and started petting it, then it bit me. I went from house to house to see if anyone knew whose cat it was. No one knew. I had to get rabies shots.

So, do what Mom told you - don't pet strange animals!

Honored Contributor

Hi gato,

The guy on the GW Bridge was insane! I read about that story.

I've gone crazy while in TRAFFIC on the G W B, but I've never lost it like that guy.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Contributor

That Connecticut raccoon did test positive for rabies.
Respected Contributor

Raccoons are very wily. Robin Williams did a funny routine about them and their "jazz paws." Smiley Happy Anyway, I refer to them as the "hoods" of the forest. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I almost wrote Sears when I saw this commercial. After my raccoon thread and the dangers of them I am upset every time I see this. I knew something would happen. A raccoon is not a kitty by any means.

Honored Contributor

I am not fond of raccoons; nor are many of my neighbors apparently, as I see quite a few dead ones alongside the road into town. Raccoons, and opossums don't stand much of a chance of crossing the road around here.

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 annie315 said: That Connecticut raccoon did test positive for rabies.

Oh no, that poor woman {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 dmod nj said:

Hi gato,

The guy on the GW Bridge was insane! I read about that story.

I've gone crazy while in TRAFFIC on the G W B, but I've never lost it like that guy.

He totally went off the deep end. Smashing into cars, biting police… I wonder if he's calmed down by now {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Respected Contributor

That's one of my favorite commercials, I love it.