Esteemed Contributor

Re: You know it's not your week when...

@lovesrecess wrote:
I had a 45lb bag of birdseed break open onto my kitchen floor this morning, So far, have not seen the humor in it. Maybe later.😬

I see everything with humor.

I always compare it with worse things that have happened to me in the past --- then I realize it's not that bad.

Esteemed Contributor

I know I'm having a bad week when I think of last May and June as the good old days.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily I totally relate.  I have actually written three novellas and two readers magnets in the past month at work during slow times. Drafts obviously but the story is there.  I am super anxious to get it started and learning all I can about self publishing along the way.  Still deciding on my pen name too,  I get the anonymity wish.  Congrats!!

Honored Contributor

This is why I post.  I am never alone!  Heart

Raising my nightcap to all of you!🍷

Esteemed Contributor

Well when I let Eddy out very early this morning, I saw three packages from QVC!

Last nite around nine o'clock, I heard a loud slamming noise as Eddy and I sat in the kitchen watching Fox (forgot abou ITKWD).  I closed the kitchen door and then went and checked the other end of the house.  Saw a truck with red lights on and someon was walking to it.  It was bigger than an ambulance - my first thought.  Smaller than a UPS truck.  Anyways, I called my neighbor across the street.  She's ninety years old and I kinda watch out for her so wanted to make sure she was all right and no one had broken in.  (Knew it wasn't an ambulance 'cause a couple months ago she dropped her alarm she wears around her neck and before she realized it there were two cruiser and an ambulance thereWoman LOL.  So, don't know who delivered it but must have been my packages.

Anyways two cardboard packages were so wet, they peeled apart when I tried to open them.  It was okay though - just a lock'n lock and a couple of CE pans.  The other package was a hundred count shrimp potstickers I'd been waiting for though.  All the ice was gone - they were sitting out too long.  Called customer service and someone immediately answered!!!!  Unfortunately these were sold out even on waitlist so she had to credit me and I won't get my shrimp potstickersWoman Sad.  That's my yucky day story today.  Not as good as everyone's but I really wanted those shrimp potstickers.....Woman Frustrated  

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 100 shrimps bit the dust.  That is so sad especially when you have a taste and they make the delivery.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily ...You are a published author!! That is so flipping impressive!!

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ  I'm self-published, and under a pen name.

; )

Esteemed Contributor

With all the  mishaps I should be shaking my head feeling sorry for everyone BUT instead I am laughing.  This has been one of the funniest threads I have seen here in years.   It just proves there is humor in many things if you look for it.  Thank you everyone, I needed those laughs.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ  I'm self-published, and under a pen name.

; )

@Desert Lily That is harder and more impressive because you do it all yourself.  Take the glory!  It is much deserved.