Occasional Contributor

Re: You know I'm talking about you when I say this.

On 11/10/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:
On 11/10/2014 Anita Nap said:

I don't blame that on the customer, that is QVC's fault for not having better quality control.

The customer takes some of the blame. To wear something until it shows that it's been worn then return it isn't ethical. Prices go up when people abuse return policies and in the end we all pay the price for that.

No it is not unethical with a 30 day no questions asked return policy it's not.

Respected Contributor

I don't blame that on the customer, that is QVC's fault for not having better quality control.

The customer takes some of the blame. To wear something until it shows that it's been worn then return it isn't ethical. Prices go up when people abuse return policies and in the end we all pay the price for that.

No it is not unethical with a 30 day no questions asked return policy it's not.

Ethics is internal. Just because it isn't written in detail what is and isn't acceptable doesn't mean we do it anyway.

We disagree. That's fine.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 I am still oxox said:

I wonder who is packing the used items to send to a new customer, do they even look at what goes in the box?

In this case I doubt anyone opened the box. There were just boots inside. Nothing else.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

MomTo2Dogs--Many years ago I ordered two alpaca hoodie sweaters, one red and one charcoal grey. The grey one was (and still is!) perfect, but after a very short time the red one developed a crunchy texture on the front and down the sleeves--very odd, maybe due to the red dye--who knows? I called CS, and also expressed that the item was clearly defective on the return form. It was sold out in my size, but a few weeks later when I saw it was available, I quickly reordered the red sweater. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my crunchy sweater had returned to me! Honestly, they will send out anything and everything!

Regular Contributor

Oh and the inside of the boots smells like sweaty feet. Gross.

Gross is right!

Honored Contributor

I can't blame the customer. She might have discovered something about the boots that wasn't right, after wearing them for a while. At that point, yes they would be used, and no, she might not have had all the original packing materials. But I'm sure she didn't expect that the boots would be recycled to another customer!
Respected Contributor

I ordered two pairs of shoes - not from QVC - same shoes, two different colors. When they arrived, one of them had clearly been a return. The packing was different, and the apparent used ones were looser on me. They are "special occasion" shoes, so I bet someone wore them to their event and then returned them. I'm keeping the used ones; they are more comfy after someone else broke them in lol.
Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 shoptilyadropagain said:

Years ago there was a person who posted they had received a pair of pants (I believe they were on waitlist....not sure though) and there was a used Kleenex wad in one of the pockets.

EWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

That might have been me, shoptilya...it was a pr of denim & co leggins in my case, and a very dirty and used tissue.

Honored Contributor

On 11/10/2014 I am still oxox said:

I wonder who is packing the used items to send to a new customer, do they even look at what goes in the box?

In this case I doubt anyone opened the box. There were just boots inside. Nothing else.

Thanks awful, it seems some one could return anything and get credit for it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 LoopyLoo said:

MomTo2Dogs--Many years ago I ordered two alpaca hoodie sweaters, one red and one charcoal grey. The grey one was (and still is!) perfect, but after a very short time the red one developed a crunchy texture on the front and down the sleeves--very odd, maybe due to the red dye--who knows? I called CS, and also expressed that the item was clearly defective on the return form. It was sold out in my size, but a few weeks later when I saw it was available, I quickly reordered the red sweater. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my crunchy sweater had returned to me! Honestly, they will send out anything and everything!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Bluegrassbaby, you're lucky. I can only dream {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Burnsite, that's awful. BTW I did see your post in the Ebola thread thats been deleted. Thank you. Oh and I think it was you who recommended Uniqlo a year or so ago. The puffer thread reminded me. I did end up buying the jacket and its been great. Thanks for the recommendation!

september, I hope she didn't expect it to be passed to another customer.

VanSleepy, that's one way to do it!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____