Respected Contributor

Re: You Would Think I’d Know!

[ Edited ]

We think other people care about how we look, but they really generally don't. They are busy doing their own thing... So don't worry! 😁

Honored Contributor

People who judge others based on makeup, hair, and clothes aren't really friends or people I'd like to know. It's too bad for others if they don't like what I wear. I haven't worn makeup since I retired 5 years ago and my skin has never looked better. I'm me and people like me or they don't.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't care anymore. I am always in slob mode. The only thing I care about is if my earrings are in. My friends are always please brush your hair! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Esteemed Contributor

Someone said to do makeup and hair in case there is a trip to ER. I don't know anyone who cares what they look like in ER. If they're that sick, looking good is the last thing on their mind. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Isn't that always the way!   You only see people you know when you don't want to, LOL!

I try to always look presentable when I leave the house.  It really doesn't take much of an effort and is well worth it for the one time I ran into my boyfriend from high school!  I remember walking away after a nice chat with him saying to myself.......d*m, I look goodSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm a morning person, always have been, I prefer to go grocery shopping early in the mornings and have noticed some of the younger crowd wearing t-shirts or whatever with pajama bottoms and slippers pushing their shopping carts, like they just got out of bed and on to do their grocery shopping.  Times have changed!

Esteemed Contributor

I got rid of all my makeup months ago.  When I go out I am showered, my hair is clean as are my clothes. If that isn't good enough for the fashion/makeup police, oh well.

My sister had to call an ambulance for my Mom years ago. Mom wanted my siser to "do her eyebrows" before they came for her. Sis said no, it was an emergency room not an I'm going to a party room.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I've never believed in getting all dolled up just to go to the store. So people see (generic) you sans make up and hair uncombed. So what? They probably thought nothing of it.

Heck, I've gone to the corner market without a bra on,in sweatpants and a ratty t-shirt, let alone make up and dressed to the nines.

@Anonymous032819 

No, It is never going to happen but there is a part of me that wishes I could.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I wear makeup every day but not because I want to look good in case I run into someone I know - it's to make me feel my best.  No one has the power to cause me to feel uncomfortable even if I was not wearing makeup!  

Honored Contributor

I focus only on being clean, smelling clean,  and wearing clean clothes.   

No makeup after I retired, and my hair only needs a wash, blow, and I'm ready to go.