Honored Contributor

Re: You Would Never See Them Doing This With a Man

[ Edited ]
  •  

@Frosted Cake

Really? You must have a very sensitive stomach if anything this minute' makes you sick. Tell me that you have never seen or heard about a certain man, running for the highest office in the land, and his hair.

I have seen zoomed in shots of men's heads, with their gray hair/balding spots, along with talking about their hairline and diminishing amount of hair on their heads. Mostly those that put themselves in the public spot lights.

Hey! When you become a public figure, in any field, you are pretty much open to whatever type of pictures or video a photographer or videographer can sell to a company and/or an individual. That is the price you pay for getting/wanting fame and the lots of $$$ that usually accompany it.

Too hot? "Gotta stay out of the ole kitchen".

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:
  •  

@Frosted Cake

Really? You must have a very sensitive stomach if anything this minute' makes you sick. Tell me that you have never seen or heard about a certain man, running for the highest office in the land, and his hair.

I have seen zoomed in shots of men's heads, with their gray hair/balding spots, along with talking about their hairline and diminishing amount of hair on their heads. Mostly those that put themselves in the public spot lights.

Hey! When you become a public figure, in any field, you are pretty much open to whatever type of pictures or video a photographer or videographer can sell to a company and/or an individual. That is the price you pay for getting/wanting fame and the lots of $$$ that usually accompany it.

hnj

But his hair has been the butt of jokes because it's bizarre, not because it shows him as "aging". 

Women really are supposed to stay young looking in order to be considered attractive, and men just aren't.  It's just how it is.

However, maybe women who refuse to buy into this will eventually change this perception.

I have no idea why Demi's gray was "zoomed in on" and what the publication meant by doing it.  Maybe it was to just show a confident woman who is NOT buying into the perception that women are no longer attractive is they are aging and graying.

Respected Contributor

Women are held to a different standard

than men imho.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:
  •  

@Frosted Cake

hnj

hnj

Thanks so much for weighing in on this topic.   Really appreciate you taking the time to share.   It's good to get a man's perspective on these forums.

Have a fabulous day!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Frosted Cake wrote:

It's video of Demi Moore with some gray hair.   I find it sickening that they would zoom in on her head!   They would never do this to a man who is graying!    Makes me sick.   I wonder how long it will be before we see her in dark dark hair to hide it since they focused on it like this.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/demi-moore-53-lets-her-185500120.html

Totally pathetic!!

You make it sound like having gray/silver hair is a bad thing.  Well, it isn't.

it makes you sick and it's sickening?

You just insulted millions of confident women who have gray hair.

I didn't take it that way at all.... I understood the OP to state that had it been a man having streaks of gray in his hair the article would never have been written but because it's a famous woman getting older and letting her hair go gray that there are photos and comments and so forth.....  That the emphasis on getting older is ALWAYS placed on a woman (and in a negative way) and a man merely gets "distinguished"..... and that fact makes the OP sick.... that's what I took from the OP.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

It's video of Demi Moore with some gray hair.   I find it sickening that they would zoom in on her head!   They would never do this to a man who is graying!    Makes me sick.   I wonder how long it will be before we see her in dark dark hair to hide it since they focused on it like this.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/demi-moore-53-lets-her-185500120.html

Totally pathetic!!

Maybe because she has had so much plastic surgery and enhancements to her appearance it was a surprise that she allowed her gray to show. Frankly, I think it isn't a big deal but it does seem like a different Demi. Good for her for embracing who she is and what she wants to look like. When it comes to gray hair, it is a personal decision.

Valued Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@KALLIE wrote:

It's NO BIG DEAL. Her hands and her forehead look a lot worse.

Any one else see and appreciate the irony in this statement?

I know.   Again, I could start the thread over again and say they don't focus on a man's hands or forehead, it's the same darn thing.   The stereotype holds on in this society.  

Honored Contributor

Well.....we have four options for aging hair.....darken it, lighten it, go au natural, or shave it off....no biggie.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I was 100% white/silver haired  by age 40.  I quit coloring three years ago when I retired. I am 60 now and love not having to color or worry about roots.  It is a personal decision. There is no right or wrong.

Honored Contributor

If you read the article, it's actually more or less complementary... To me, nothing to get juiced about or to interpret it as a further waging of the battle of the sexes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...