Honored Contributor

You Tuber Who Re-homed Her Adopted Child

Saw on Yahoo this morning. Apparently the autistic child was too much to handle so this family placed him with a new forever family. I found the words she used heartbreaking, as though he was a naughty puppy. Who would ever want to follow this blogger again?

Honored Contributor

Re: You Tuber Who Re-homed Her Adopted Child

Is that even legal?

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon  I certainly hope it is. What are the alternatives?  I only know what I've read here...don't know anything about this "you tuber."  She recognized she couldn't handle the child and gave him the opportunity for another chance rather than ruin his life. 

Who knows her motives anyway...even from the beginning. Whoever facilitated the adoption didn't do their proper homework...IMO. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  I was questioning the wording "the family placed him in a new home".  Wouldn't they have had to surrender the child to an agency where he would be re-placed?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon I see your point. Not being familiar with the story, I don't know what @AuntG meant by her post. Maybe she'll provide some clarification. 

If she means the you tuber gave the child to someone else, I doubt that is legal. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I don't know anything about this woman and her husband. They adopted the child from China and claim were not told of the care he would require. They tried for two years and found they were ill equipped and not up to the task.

That being the case, the concern should be what is best for the child and finding him a home with parents who are able to give him the care he requires seems the best decision. I believe they did the right thing while knowing they will be seen as horrible uncaring people.

Esteemed Contributor

It's really hard to know what went on in that situation.  I did read he is doing very well with the new family.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

It's really hard to know what went on in that situation.  I did read he is doing very well with the new family.

I hope that's true.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Saw on Yahoo this morning. Apparently the autistic child was too much to handle so this family placed him with a new forever family. I found the words she used heartbreaking, as though he was a naughty puppy. Who would ever want to follow this blogger again?

@AuntG Not going to judge that one. 

Esteemed Contributor

Without knowing the specifics of this situation, I can only think it must have been a tough decision for them to make. I am happy they took the action did, and that the child did not become the victim of abuse from the mental exhaustion of the parents.

I have empathy for them, and am glad this story had a favorable outcome.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖