Honored Contributor

You Think Its Hot Where You Are?

[ Edited ]

I feel so sorry for our troops stationed in the Middle East, having to wear helmets, heavy backpacks and all their battle gear.  It must be hell.  Wish we could send a soldier a popsicle. 

Screenshot_2016-07-23-22-08-07-1.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: You Think Its Hot Where You Are?

Have never checked but I am surprised to read that 134 degrees is the record at Death Valley  and I would have thought it was much hotter - that is ONE HOT PLACE.

Respected Contributor

All the more reason for our prayers.  There must be many heatstrokes.  God bless all these brave young people who are so willing to fight for our freedom.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, can't even imagine what that feels like.  Blessings to them!  LM

Honored Contributor

Makes me feel like a heel for complaining.   We have set all kinds of records in PHX this season............but so has most of the country.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

To all our troops,

Respected Contributor

My son, while in the navy said it was 120 degrees in Bahrain, the destroyer he was on had no water for 5 days. They had to defecate over the side of the rail. 

I was sending cartons of baby wipes and underwear. When docked in Rome, rather than see the sights he did laundry.

I am reminded of this because yesterday he went to Manhattan to the Whitney Museum,(we both live in Bklyn, and he's by the beach). I told him it's too hot to go out, it was 95. He said, "I lived through much worse."

Its all relative.

Respected Contributor

How true. Short and sweet, that says it all. Thanks for posting it.

Honored Contributor

Think of those poor women in those foreign countries who have to go around in those burquas , whatever, you call them that they have to wear only their eyes can be seen. Hot bat man capes. Men , of course, can wear what they want to. Only in their own home can they fling off those shrouds.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Kachina, thank you for the reality check.  I am going to shut my pie hole and stop complaining about the heat and humidity in Michigan.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise