Respected Contributor

You Probably Shouldn’t Order from a Site That…

You probably shouldn't order from a site that shows the price across the screen as 39,99$. There was an ad on a game I play that had been popping up for some time. A couple of days ago the price was superimposed over the product and written 39,99$. The ad is no longer popping up.

Have you noticed red flags about suspicious sites or ads?

Respected Contributor

Re: You Probably Shouldn’t Order from a Site That…

Yes:  bad grammar, misspelled words, photos taken from other sites.

Esteemed Contributor

With all the many Yeti ads popping up on FB this month, its a ridiculous price ($39-$69) for 4-6 Yeti items; enough to make me laugh!

Respected Contributor

It's not a pop up ad but a scam via text message. Ever since the AT&T data breech I'm getting text messages at least twice a week that they want me to click on a link to get a "free gift" for paying my bill or being a good customer. Annoying as heck. AT&T should be scurrying to shut these scammers down as it was their system hack. Not holding my breath.

Honored Contributor

@On It    I'd say you're onto something with the ad you saw.  About a month ago on Facebook there were multiple ads with snappy short names for the companies, selling huge, over-done door wreaths with fall themes, all using the same photos, for $34.99.  Red flag?  Some of those Facebook ads are sooooo tempting.   Some are legit, like one yesterday for Zappos. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Beware of any sites on Facebook that use QVC pics.  Some are advertising Dooney's and they are fake.  I know... sucker born every minute I guess.  Just glad it wasn't expensive.  I am now seeing them using QVC in their names, not sure about those, but I would beware.  

Esteemed Contributor

I also saw the QVC ads on FB. Not touching that. I'm staying in my lane.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04    If you've checked on a QVC item recently, it'll automatically show up as an ad on Facebook and other places. It's annoying but legit.

@robbn99 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Who is responsible for the scam ads, Facebook or your ISP?  Someone should be monitoring this stuff, what, they can't spare a couple of employees?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sage04    If you've checked on a QVC item recently, it'll automatically show up as an ad on Facebook and other places. It's annoying but legit.

@robbn99 

@Kachina624  I know the Ads from QVC that you're talking about .I don't get those anymore. Don't remember how I was able to block them.

The Ad I saw on FB was about buying a Dooney and Burke item. The price was not what QVC would charge (a lot, lot less) but they made people think that QVC was involved.