Esteemed Contributor

Re: You Probably Shouldn’t Order from a Site That…

[ Edited ]

@robbn99 wrote:

Beware of any sites on Facebook that use QVC pics.  Some are advertising Dooney's and they are fake.  I know... sucker born every minute I guess.  Just glad it wasn't expensive.  I am now seeing them using QVC in their names, not sure about those, but I would beware.  

@robbn99  we saw the same ad. Hope no one fell for it.

You did? Oh no, anyway, like you said it wasn't expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sage04    If you've checked on a QVC item recently, it'll automatically show up as an ad on Facebook and other places. It's annoying

@Kachina624 

You are right it something called "ad preferences" and if you opt out then they will just bombard you with ad preferences that dont interest you....it seems like its all or nothing .....and the "preferred ads" even show up even if you have Adblocker too....🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Who is responsible for the scam ads, Facebook or your ISP?  Someone should be monitoring this stuff, what, they can't spare a couple of employees?

@depglass 

Its good ole Facebook,  they dont screen these ads...they are too busy "monitoring peoples responses" (if you get my drift--dont want to wander into a prohibited topic here on the Forums) It would be more of a service to the public if Facebook would take responsibility and do their job and make sure these companies that advertise on their Marketplace are legit...And if anyone questions Facebook---their response is well they got to make money to run their platform dont they and to keep it free for everyone....(SARCASM)....I wish someone would give FB competition to perhaps make them change their ways.....Why doesnt someone do an upgraded and new and improved version of My Space !!!! Then we could leave the clutches of Facebook---JMHO! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”