Valued Contributor

Re: You Know You're a grandparent when..

When you still know the words to the Teletubbies song, Power Rangers etc,etc. Grandkids are 12 to 26, boy do I wish they were still little. Heart

Honored Contributor

There is nothing more heart-warming than grandchildren and we are blessed to have ours so close by.  I cannot add more to that except for this:

Grandparents Be Like One Little Snack Before You Go Home | Funny parenting  memes, Really funny, Funny mormon memes

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

i'm a very proud new Nana of twins - a boy and a girl.    They were preemies and spent  2 months in the NICU.  They are almost 4 months old .

cannot wait to see them in person (we're on opposite coasts)   they are so adorable!   i get to see them on FaceTime . Hope things get better soon so i can travel there.

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline   Congrats on your twins!!!  That is so exciting!!

It is good that they are growing and doing well.

You must be so excited!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

When a toddler comes racing to you crying and arms outstretched to be SAVED from the "wicked parent" running behind them.  This parent is intent on naptime, bedtime, or teeth brushing or some other such torture.  I do love being the hero to my two.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@CatsyCline   Congrats on your twins!!!  That is so exciting!!

It is good that they are growing and doing well.

You must be so excited!!

@Mersha  Thank You!  i'm thrilled!   Dear GD was barely 1 lb when they were born. she is dainty and gained weight so slowly, but she has filled out and she's a little chub-ette now!  Dear GS is quite the ham..he's a bruiser!   So Thankful they are doing wonderful!  My Son and DIL are wonderful parents...

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

When you still know the words to the Teletubbies song,

I do NOT want to hear or see another Teletubbies ANYTHING!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My grandchildren are grown now. When they were young was one of the best times in my life. With the boys it was sports and hiking in the woods. The girls liked arts and crafts. I did too. I loved being a grandmother. Thankfully I was young enough especially with the boys. If I could go back for just one day!

Frequent Contributor

I've been fortunate to retire early at 50 and get to watch my 2 yr old grandson 3 days a week. I got so much joy and laughs from him and now, 12 yrs later we are very close and now I'm watching my youngest 3 yr old grandson. 
Movies, crafts, hikes, shopping, video games, board games, etc....

Again, we are very close.

Their other grandparents are not very hands on, kid friendly, I hope I'm making lasting happy memories with them. 
I have very happy memories with my very present grandparents. 

This Grammy always has macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and a craft project 😉