Honored Contributor

You Know That Commercial with the Middle Aged Woman Boxing

and dancing along the street while she watches her shadow in the wall?

I just hate that commercial.

I think they think she is supposed to be someone to admire or emulate but to me she just looks like someone trying so hard to be cute and cool and with it and ends up looking ridiculous and obnoxious, not someone you'd want to know.

Some of these commercials-you just wonder who thinks them up and how can they think they look good.

Then she laughs with her mouth wide open. Who does that?

Then there are these awful medical ones with the same woman with the overly awful southern accent who moves her head up and down while talking and also smiles with her mouth wide open. And since she has all these different diseases on different commercials, you know she has none of them.

The one who says 
"Ah cin live againn!"

Okay, I feel better. Sorry this has to be the most snark, just had to vent about these.

I hope neither is on these forums!

Oh and the Liberty Mutual guy with the calves that look like well you have to see it.

So gross-how does that help sell insurance?

Tell me which ones you hate.

Ok, I'm starting to annoy myself lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: You Know That Commercial with the Middle Aged Woman Boxing

Rut roh.

I laugh with my mouth wide open pretty often.

How do you have a good laugh with your mouth closed?

Honored Contributor

LOL! @QueenDanceALot -

OH you know what?! 

As I wrote that, I think, wait, I think I do too!!

hahaha

anyway, its not like these 2 do-you would agree if you saw it. Probably cause its so fake.

ok I'm cracking myself up now.

(and yeah, probably laughing with my mouth open!Woman LOL!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I can't think of any commercials that annoy me off the top of my head @on the bay , but your posts made me LOL!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I don't think I've seen the commercials you mention but I know there are some annoying ones out there.  The only ones I can think of right now though are all those pharmaceutical ads that have people smiling and running through flowered fields and eating ice creaam on the beach while lovely music plays in the background while the voiceover speaks of all the ways the drug they are advertising might kill you.

Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have a theory about TV ads.  There is a secret awards program, similar to the Academy Awards or Golden Globes for advertising companies and ad writers that are awarded to the most obnoxious, stupidest, loudest, ridiculous, insulting, choose you own additional adjectives ads that make it on TV.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@on the bay 

I don't think I've seen the commercials you mention but I know there are some annoying ones out there.  The only ones I can think of right now though are all those pharmaceutical ads that have people smiling and running through flowered fields and eating ice creaam on the beach while lovely music plays in the background while the voiceover speaks of all the ways the drug they are advertising might kill you.

Cat LOL

@QueenDanceALot -

-I couldn't have said it better!-

perfect descriptionWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

i too hate that Liberty commercial with the big calves!  its gross and i wish they would can that Liberty Liberty jingle.   the only insurance ads that are ok are the Farmer's ads.

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

and dancing along the street while she watches her shadow in the wall?

I just hate that commercial.

I think they think she is supposed to be someone to admire or emulate but to me she just looks like someone trying so hard to be cute and cool and with it and ends up looking ridiculous and obnoxious, not someone you'd want to know.

Some of these commercials-you just wonder who thinks them up and how can they think they look good.

Then she laughs with her mouth wide open. Who does that?

Then there are these awful medical ones with the same woman with the overly awful southern accent who moves her head up and down while talking and also smiles with her mouth wide open. And since she has all these different diseases on different commercials, you know she has none of them.

The one who says 
"Ah cin live againn!"

Okay, I feel better. Sorry this has to be the most snark, just had to vent about these.

I hope neither is on these forums!

Oh and the Liberty Mutual guy with the calves that look like well you have to see it.

So gross-how does that help sell insurance?

Tell me which ones you hate.

Ok, I'm starting to annoy myself lol!

@on the bay  Hehhhhh!!! You crack me up! I know the 4 or 5 commercials you are talking about that use the same woman with different hairstyles and makeup thinking the public won’t recognize her. I’ve said to myself aren’t there other middle aged actresses to choose from. That lady must be well connected to get all of those parts. The commercials with the lady boxing and the actress in all of those commercials who smiles with her mouth wide open portrays middle aged women to be daffy morons. However, they are funny as hell.😂 Thank you! Your venting made my day. I haven’t laughed so hard in a while.

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Rut roh.

I laugh with my mouth wide open pretty often.

How do you have a good laugh with your mouth closed?

@QueenDanceALot  It’s cool to laugh with your mouth open. That actress smiles with her mouth wide open. Goofy!😂