Respected Contributor

Re: You Have to Laugh! You Just GOTTA Laugh!

I thought this was going to be a reference to Shawn's get up tonight.

You do "just gotta laugh" around here.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower There's just so much going wrong in so many different areas, that I'm almost infuriated at this point. Don't know why, but I think I'm just plain sick of that mess and that overtly crazy approach sanctioned by the Q.

Honored Contributor

I took a four hour nap and must have missed something.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Yup...I am not sure what the point is...are you sending a subliminal message?

I have no clue what the point is on about 75 percent of these threads any more.  The point is that there doesn't seem to be much of a point any more.  Yes.  It is a subliminal message.  The subliminal message is:

THERE IS NO POINT AT ALL!

Now do you get it? 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I read these posts and am amazed and I guess heartened by the diversity of how people think in this country.  If I didn't come here I might not understand that.  

You have to have a sense of humor, and coming here helps me take a lighter look at the country and feel better about how amazing it is we, for the most part, get along as well as we do here in the good old USA!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

@Sooner I think probably we've been reading some of the same threads and I know precisely what you mean. No need for further explanation... 

Sometimes I wonder how it is that we don't just implode, but somehow we manage not to...

Happy 4th...

Smiley Wink

YUP!  LOL!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner@No I don't get it..I must be clueless.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner----You are so right the proof  is in the putting.-----tedEbear

Honored Contributor

No real intent at any specific thread or subject or poster, but at how far off the rails so many things go now days.  It seems the world is so polarized and so unwilling to see or acknowledge other viewpoints that sometimes I have to laugh at it all.  

I laugh because sometimes I think we've lost our ability to laugh.  Everyone is so uptight.  It seems the more we can't say (pc) the angrier people are other small stuff.  I think so many of us are simply so frustrated--you gotta laugh. . . 

So really no point other than ---  You gotta laugh sometimes because it doesn't make any sense.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

No real intent at any specific thread or subject or poster, but at how far off the rails so many things go now days.  It seems the world is so polarized and so unwilling to see or acknowledge other viewpoints that sometimes I have to laugh at it all.  

I laugh because sometimes I think we've lost our ability to laugh.  Everyone is so uptight.  It seems the more we can't say (pc) the angrier people are other small stuff.  I think so many of us are simply so frustrated--you gotta laugh. . . 

So really no point other than ---  You gotta laugh sometimes because it doesn't make any sense.

This.....I understand, lol.

My DH used to always say, "The point is on the top of your head."

Valued Contributor

Sooner I thought you were going to tell us something to laugh about. But instead you gave us something to not laugh about. You have a strange sense of humor.