Honored Contributor

Re: You Got Your Wish! Prince Harry and Meghan To Give Up Royal Titles.

[ Edited ]

If you want to hear and watch someone nice, talk about this, go to the 'Royal Reviewer and  listen to him

He is not one bit nasty or mean ,about anyone. Some of you might enjoy him. He is on youtube, and is a lot of fun

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Prince Harry and his wife to give up royal titles.

@JaneMarple.  According to news reporys, they still have their titles but can no longer use the HRH designation since they won't officially be part of the Royal Family.

Of course they are members of the Royal FAmily.  They're no longer WORKING members of the family.  They haven't been banished to Siberia for heaven's sake.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any reason to begrudge them their happiness. The Queen has set a good example of magnanimity that I completely respect,   

Esteemed Contributor

Soooo odd. We got our wish?! 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Come on everyone @JaneMarple  is our friend, and we should be trying to help her feel better

I have mixed family members, and understand just how important to many people this is. It was a huge milestone for them, and for many of us too

Honored Contributor

She is my friend and has always been more than kind to me and to many

I am off to mass. @JaneMarple  go listen to the Royal Reviewer, he will make you feel better

I am off to mass now  and will try to catch you later

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

This new arrangement is expected to be rolled out in this spring, meaning they will be carrying out royal engagements and Meghan will be returning to the UK until that time.

The couple will now be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and "will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family".

Prince Harry will lose his Captain General of Marines, Hon Air Commandant, Commodore-In-Chief and Youth Ambassador titles.

It is understood that in return for dropping the use of the HRH titles, there will be no oversight on how the couple earn money, meaning they can make whatever commercial deals they want.

The Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations, but they "no longer formally represent The Queen".

The palace did not comment on the details regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's security arrangements, but said there "are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security".

After a year the Megxit deal will be reviewed again by the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

~TheSunUK

Harry losing his rank in military is pretty awful.  we all know how he felt about his mates and his service.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

via BBC

Here is the Queen's statement in full:

"Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family.

"I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.

"I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.

"It is my whole family's hope that today's agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life."

Here is Buckingham Palace's statement in full:

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are grateful to Her Majesty and the Royal Family for their ongoing support as they embark on the next chapter of their lives.

"As agreed in this new arrangement, they understand that they are required to step back from royal duties, including official military appointments. They will no longer receive public funds for royal duties.

"With The Queen's blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations. While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty.

"The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have shared their wish to repay Sovereign Grant expenditure for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home.

"Buckingham Palace does not comment on the details of security arrangements. There are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security.

"This new model will take effect in the spring of 2020."

So does that mean the British taxpayer is still on the hook for their security?

Respected Contributor

I don't have that much interest in these two, so it's okay with me.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

This new arrangement is expected to be rolled out in this spring, meaning they will be carrying out royal engagements and Meghan will be returning to the UK until that time.

The couple will now be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and "will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family".

Prince Harry will lose his Captain General of Marines, Hon Air Commandant, Commodore-In-Chief and Youth Ambassador titles.

It is understood that in return for dropping the use of the HRH titles, there will be no oversight on how the couple earn money, meaning they can make whatever commercial deals they want.

The Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations, but they "no longer formally represent The Queen".

The palace did not comment on the details regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's security arrangements, but said there "are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security".

After a year the Megxit deal will be reviewed again by the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

~TheSunUK

Harry losing his rank in military is pretty awful.  we all know how he felt about his mates and his service.  

Strikes me as rather cruel to do that.