Honored Contributor

Re: You Got Your Wish! Prince Harry and Meghan To Give Up Royal Titles.

No I said 20% is nothing to sneeze at

Respected Contributor

This new arrangement is expected to be rolled out in this spring, meaning they will be carrying out royal engagements and Meghan will be returning to the UK until that time.

The couple will now be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and "will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family".

Prince Harry will lose his Captain General of Marines, Hon Air Commandant, Commodore-In-Chief and Youth Ambassador titles.

It is understood that in return for dropping the use of the HRH titles, there will be no oversight on how the couple earn money, meaning they can make whatever commercial deals they want.

The Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations, but they "no longer formally represent The Queen".

The palace did not comment on the details regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's security arrangements, but said there "are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security".

After a year the Megxit deal will be reviewed again by the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

~TheSunUK

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

it will be interesting to see just how often they go back to the uk to spend time with their family.

@sunshine45  With HIS family you mean?  I heard it reported that she said she will never live in the UK again in any "meaningful way."

One of the signs of an abusive relationship is cutting a person off from family and friends.  Just sayin'. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple Who exactly is the "YOU" to whom you are referring?

Honored Contributor

Leave Jane alone please

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

it will be interesting to see just how often they go back to the uk to spend time with their family.

@sunshine45  With HIS family you mean?  I heard it reported that she said she will never live in the UK again in any "meaningful way."

One of the signs of an abusive relationship is cutting a person off from family and friends.  Just sayin'. 

well, i did mean with their family.

in my life i considered my in laws my family also.

i do hope that what you mentioned will not be the case.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think this 'deal' makes the most sense.  Since Meghan wasn't born into royalty, I'll confine my comments to the party that was - Harry. 

It was double-minded at best for him to suggest that he would represent the royal family in a part time manner.  You're either in or out - you can't be part time. I think it's appropriate to not use HRH as a title for Harry or Meghan since neither is representing the royal family.

Say what you want about Edward back in the day - he straight up abdicated his royal role and went off to France to live the rest of his life with his woman.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Good grief, 2 threads on this topic. How many do we need?

Haven't and won't read either as I read a long article online and got the info.

I say, Good For Them!

@Love my grandkids ?????  'Ya just did!  Read.

Honored Contributor

Re: You Got Your Wish!

[ Edited ]

esme,

Frankly, that thought does trouble me, but I hope that I simply do not understand all that they plan to do in the future and there is not a true rupture.  This could be the case, you know.

Right now, they might be making this painful initial break, but a modified family relationship might/should follow.  Harry, I believe, needs and wants this break from the monarchy's business-as-usual model to survive with his sense of self intact.  I suspect he has a delicate nature to begin with and that his mother's death reworked his personality and any frailties he might have.

There are so many moving pieces in this that I truly believe that onlookers/readers do not have -- and are unable to have -- the full picture of what will eventually evolve.  

Like many others, I hope this story has a happy ending for Harry and his family.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They may end up in South Africa someday. They both seemed to like it there ,and Harry talked about living there. They could do a lot of good for that country