Respected Contributor

Re: You Got Your Wish!

[ Edited ]

It seems probable to me that they will be happy seeing their family as relatives, but not being "royals." 

Princess Anne--I must be her only admirer but I do admire her--refused royal status for her children at the time of her marriage to a commoner, Peter Philips.  First time in 500 years that titles were refused. They have both done fine.

Anne's daughter, Zara, was an equestrian, winning a silver for the team competition in the 2012 Olympics (both her parents were in earlier Olympics.) They have no titles but are still royals, and their kids have done fine.  Arguably better than other titled royal children of their generation.

Honored Contributor

Who got their wish?  Man!  I wish I could wish for something....anything...and get it.

You can bet your bippy I wouldn't wish for that if I got one wish and it would be granted.

I really don't care what these people do except as someone who worked everyday with Brits I know most of them care about the royals.  The Brits I worked for were assigned out of the British Embassy, so they were in on a lot of things we'd read about...fake and real.

It was a gold mine of real (not fake) news.

They were in their 50's back in the 70's.  They'd talk about the war, etc.  It was fascinating.

Anyway, I doubt that anyone wishes them bad things.

Then again, there are probably some who feel like just go live your life....bye..bye...

Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

It's my understanding they were not stripped of the titles but will no longer use them. Harry will remain a prince. 

@Sushismom he may remain a prince but according to the palace's statement they will not use their HRH titles.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

It's my understanding they were not stripped of the titles but will no longer use them. Harry will remain a prince. 

@Sushismom he may remain a prince but according to the palace's statement they will not use their HRH titles.

And?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: You Got Your Wish! Prince Harry and Meghan To Give Up Royal Titles.

@JaneMarple wrote:

Prince Harry and his wife to give up royal titles.

@JaneMarple.  According to news reporys, they still have their titles but can no longer use the HRH designation since they won't officially be part of the Royal Family.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: You Got Your Wish! Prince Harry and Meghan To Give Up Royal Titles.

Now they can live somewhat of a normal life without people guessing about their daily lives. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I guess he would be a prince by birth but not a titled Prince in this case. . . I'm sure people will still call him Prince Harry, as they did his mother.

Perhaps his wish was to do what his mother did--and renounce his title all along.  I hope he has more sense about security than she did.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

And?

@JaneMarple And they will pay back money used to refurbish their cottage. 

Of course if they keep suing people they won't miss the money. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I guess he would be a prince by birth but not a titled Prince in this case. . . I'm sure people will still call him Prince Harry, as they did his mother.

Perhaps his wish was to do what his mother did--and renounce his title all along.  I hope he has more sense about security than she did.

i thought Diana was devastated when she was no longer HRH after the divorce.  

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I believe this was Harry's wish all along, I wish their family health and happiness. Heart

@JaneMarple 
I, too, agree...it was Harry's wish all along. 

His mother would approve.

Even at 12, this👇 probably set everything in motion

that led up to today. 

CCD5A140-0D1E-44DD-AC3E-1D827FEC173B.jpeg