Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2  Well I’ve heard some young girls dream of marrying a Prince.

Some might say she won the ultimate prize...some would say.

What I do know is they make a beautiful baby.

I agree that they must have talked about all this WAY BEFORE announcing it...just between the two of them...in the very beginning.  I’d think there was some back and forth....you know...should we...can we...what will happen...can we be happy in the world of the ‘ little people’...

In my opinion, one of the more ‘telling’ ways  Harry was feeling thing out was when Harry was overheard telling a Disney rep that Megan does or can do voice overs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KESlc7udjNc

He he was actually trying to find her a jobby job.

The problem with being an actor is your money only comes in while you’re working..you can have ‘dry’ times.

But I’m sure Harry will get on the board of some companies ( probably in name only).  

As we all know, there’s lots of money available when one lends his or her name to a company.

Oh! Whoops!  That’s for another discussion..another time and subject matter.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You Got Your Wish! Prince Harry and Meghan To Give Up Royal Titles.

I wish Harry, Meghan, and Archie all of the happiness in the world.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

This new arrangement is expected to be rolled out in this spring, meaning they will be carrying out royal engagements and Meghan will be returning to the UK until that time.

The couple will now be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and "will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family".

Prince Harry will lose his Captain General of Marines, Hon Air Commandant, Commodore-In-Chief and Youth Ambassador titles.

It is understood that in return for dropping the use of the HRH titles, there will be no oversight on how the couple earn money, meaning they can make whatever commercial deals they want.

The Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations, but they "no longer formally represent The Queen".

The palace did not comment on the details regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's security arrangements, but said there "are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security".

After a year the Megxit deal will be reviewed again by the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

~TheSunUK

Harry losing his rank in military is pretty awful.  we all know how he felt about his mates and his service.  

@ms traditional  Eh, not really. He was a liability for many when he was serving so there were no boo hoos when he stayed on the rock. Beyond that, these are the consequences for his decisions. If he didn't think about how it would play out; that's on him. If he did and didn't care, that's on him too. He's a big boy; he'll just have to deal.

Honored Contributor

@cherry I think Jane can speak for herself. I merely asked a question. Good grief.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Little Archie might be Prime Minister some day ,or President if they move back to LA..you never know what will happen

@cherry  Archie (not 'little', not 'wee', just Archie... Smiley Wink) cannot be president unless the law changes. Presidents have to be a natural born citizen. Merely having US citizenship is not enough.

@stevieb 

archie is a citizen of the usa. i dont think it matters where he is born, but he is a citizen and unless he or his mom renounces it or becomes a citizen of another country (such as canada), he does have the right to be president as long as all other terms are followed.

"The term natural born citizen applies to the child of at least one parent who is an American citizen. Children whose parents are American citizens are not required to be naturalized because they are natural born citizens. Therefore, they are eligible to serve as president, even if they are born in a foreign country.

The Constitution's use of the term natural born citizen is somewhat vague. The document does not actually define it. Most modern legal interpretations have concluded that you can be a natural born citizen without actually being born in one of the 50 United States."

https://www.thoughtco.com/presidents-not-born-in-the-us-3368103

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a political reference

Esteemed Contributor

There goes the HRH merchandise she wanted to do. The hoodies, the candles, the beer cozies....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer. Must you turn this political?

@Nancy Drew1 It is Sussex that is an important part of that commercialization scheme and they still have that. However Susse royal doesn't work any more.
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

This new arrangement is expected to be rolled out in this spring, meaning they will be carrying out royal engagements and Meghan will be returning to the UK until that time.

The couple will now be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and "will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family".

Prince Harry will lose his Captain General of Marines, Hon Air Commandant, Commodore-In-Chief and Youth Ambassador titles.

It is understood that in return for dropping the use of the HRH titles, there will be no oversight on how the couple earn money, meaning they can make whatever commercial deals they want.

The Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations, but they "no longer formally represent The Queen".

The palace did not comment on the details regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's security arrangements, but said there "are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security".

After a year the Megxit deal will be reviewed again by the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

~TheSunUK

Harry losing his rank in military is pretty awful.  we all know how he felt about his mates and his service.  

Strikes me as rather cruel to do that.

@QueenDanceALot    I believe the above mentioned military titles are honoary titles not his actual service in the British Army.  He has done nothing to warrant strippinng him of his previous military service. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45  I guess it depends on who we read... Another source has this to say...

Woman Wink

"The U.S. Constitution uses but does not define the phrase "natural born Citizen", and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The consensus of early 21st-century constitutional and legal scholars, together with relevant case law, is that natural-born citizens include, subject to exceptions, those born in the United States. As to those born elsewhere who meet the legal requirements for birthright citizenship, the matter is unsettled."

In my pantry with my cupcakes...