Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes ! snowing in Amarillo, Tx

We just got about 5 inches of snow here and tonight the temperature is going to tank down to minus 2 ! I think that's the coldest so far this season. But I love the snow! Yippee!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

What I hate about TX is, that I have so many plants that are putting on new, fragile leaves, thinking it's spring, already, only to have this cold front heading our way.

It's 80, right now, before it hits. Luckily, I will miss the ice and snow, but not the freezing temps, for just one night. Just long enough to damage foliage. Argh!

All affected, stay warm and safe.  

Yep, 76 here yesterday, all my neighbors were wearing their shorts.  Not me I am not ready for that scary sight in the mirror.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Pretty pictures @SharkE , but I'm happy in just seeing snow in pictures.

I hope we don't get any in my area.  I have to be on the roads all day

tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@SharkE 

Too funny, we do lots and lots of water wells here.

No pump houses there?

not sure what that is.

We pay more for insurance because no water hydrant out in the more country areas. All the new subdivisions they're building around here they don't put in water hydrants ! Unbelievable, makes your insurance go high

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  We just had flurries in my neighborhood.  They said most of the snow would be in mountains and plains.  It is, however, going to be 14° tonight.  Sun came out late this afternoon.  We did have 4" of snow about 3 weeks ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@SharkE 

Too funny, we do lots and lots of water wells here.

No pump houses there?

not sure what that is.

We pay more for insurance because no water hydrant out in the more country areas. All the new subdivisions they're building around here they don't put in water hydrants ! Unbelievable, makes your insurance go high

Oh, I assumed it is your water source.

I have little a shed at my well head to enclose the pump.  So we have to have a full house generator because you know, toilets ....

Our backup fire plan is a hose to the neighbor's pump house.  Ha, we have yet to find a way to pay for that hose, even splitting it two pays.  My feeling is there will no pressure after more than a mile anyway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

water wells is 300 ft deep. Drilling rigs dig them out and put in this long pipe then it's all electrical from there. We put in choline tabs every few months.

I was always teasing the men about rats and critters getting in there LOL

just a round pipe. Never had one till we moved down here. City people have city water. When your out of the town limits everybody is on water well.

I had mine put in back yard don't want it in front yard. LOL

Have whole house water filter installed purifies all the water.

That bldg is a 'pole barn'. Metal bldg where DH keeps his junk and 1 of the cars.

Esteemed Contributor

This is all too funny.

Oregon has pump houses and sheds and in Texas you have water wells and pole barns.  Like another language.

Honored Contributor

LOL

Imagine me moving down here from Ind. no family or friends. Now, have friends, but, down here when cows die they just throw them out front and the 'death wagon' comes and picks them up. what ?

Up in Ind you haul off your own dead animals and sure don't leave them out for others to see decaying. Ewwww !

Strange state.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE where is your snowman?