Esteemed Contributor

I retired 10 years ago, dh still works. Every holiday I begin ordering and ordering and ordering. Gifts, decorations, you name it. Well, four weeks ago I fell and broke my leg. Dh took FMLA to take care of me. I usually squirrel away my purchases and they just magically appear come the holidays.Unfortunately I had begun ordering prior to my fall. Since we have a po box, we must go pick up our mail ~  now he does. Every day he walks in, arms loaded, and says you got MORE packages. I finally fessed up and told him that I do this every year, he just isn't home to notice it. He shrugged and said, "Wow, I guess so". Can't wait to get out of this wheelchair !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

Re: Yikes, My Secret's Out !!

Lol, men ruin everything, haha.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep sorry about your fall....not fun. I fell out walking last summer and fractured my hand.  At least you got a jump on your shopping.  Hope you're up and running soon! 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep, so sorry to hear about your fall. I bet your patience is being tested, I hope your bone mends quickly so that you can get back to normal living. Take care, I'm glad you have your husband there to help out.

Honored Contributor

Darn.  Hate when that happens.  Haha.  Get well and mail your packages to a friend in town.

Respected Contributor

Sorry not sorry lol.  Hope you're better soon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep

Busted!  We had a fun discussion about the onslaught of packages a few weeks back....one poster confessing her dog gave her up by barking when the deliveries came.

I said my husband asked me once if he should build a delivery dock on the front porch (and I REALLY don't order all that much!) Cat Happy

Sometimes, companies just send everything in a separate box so it LOOKS like a lot.

All my boxes are emptied and placed in the back of my pickup truck for recycling before DH gets home.  I have a way of stacking them that doesn't give away how many boxes Cat LOL

But, as I said previously, I worked for 38 years and commuted almost 4 hours roundtrip to keep a good paying job in Washington, DC.  So, I order what I want and he knows the drill.  So does he and his stuff is way more expensive than MY stuff!  Tools and trucks!

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@pattypeep

Busted!  We had a fun discussion about the onslaught of packages a few weeks back....one poster confessing her dog gave her up by barking when the deliveries came.

I said my husband asked me once if he should build a delivery dock on the front porch (and I REALLY don't order all that much!) Cat Happy

Sometimes, companies just send everything in a separate box so it LOOKS like a lot.

All my boxes are emptied and placed in the back of my pickup truck for recycling before DH gets home.  I have a way of stacking them that doesn't give away how many boxes Cat LOL

But, as I said previously, I worked for 38 years and commuted almost 4 hours roundtrip to keep a good paying job in Washington, DC.  So, I order what I want and he knows the drill.  So does he and his stuff is way more expensive than MY stuff!  Tools and trucks!

@Witchy Woman

Now that is hilarious- lol

⚓️
Honored Contributor

It's no secret, we women MAKE Christmas.  It's what we do.  The men know we do it, they just don't know how it all comes together.  You husband just got a little peek behind the curtain.  I hope you heal quickly and get on your feet soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman You are spot on ! I have an excellent retirement and between that and my ss I bring home about the same amount as when I was working. Why do I feel guilty? I don't know. Most of it are gifts for others or things for the house. And, yes, he buys what he wants when he wants and his stuff is much more expensive. LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein