Esteemed Contributor

I just got a delivery of fuel oil for the house. $542.00 for 192 gallons.  Last one was early Dec and was $480.00, Sept  was $420.00. I guess I can look for my budget plan monthly payment of $120.00 to take a big jump come June.

Of course it has been like the frozen tundra for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Come on spring, give my furnace a rest.

Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes!! Home Heating Oil

Thank God for natural gas.  It's up too but nowhere near that high.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   when I lived in the Northeast, January was always my most expensive month.  I haven't owned that house for more than 10 years, so I can't even imagine what it would have cost this year.

Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to warmer weather too.

We are total electric and not on a monthly plan.  Our electric bill was $39 in December.  Wow, something was wrong, but we paid it.

We just got the current bill.  Yep, it was twice as much as usual.  Our meter is read electronically so it should be accurate. Who knowa what happened that one time?

We have never had oil heat.  I feel for you and everyone who has to pay high prices for heat.  So many people in my area are turning their heat down way too low  or run out of oil and it has caused a few deaths.

There is nothing about the winter months that I like.  Stay safe and warm.

Honored Contributor

Gas, electricity and water rates are all up in my area, Colorado. My furnace is natural gas and it runs on electricity, too, so between the two my bill is very high. Our natural gas rate went up 17% but the good news is the utility company just announced last week that since the weather here as been so mild that means people aren't using as much gas to heat their homes. So they are lowering the gas rate back down to where it was before the hike. I'm happy about that!

Respected Contributor

@Carmie   did you miss a " 1 " in front of that number?  :-)     solar panels maybe?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thank God for natural gas.  It's up too but nowhere near that high.

@Kachina624 

That's what we have. We also bought a gas stove when we remodeled the kitchen. 

So far this winter our highest gas bill was $97. 

Now they want to get rid of gasoline, natural gas etc to clean up the carbon dioxide? 

They are already phasing out natural gas in new home construction. 

Says online natural gas will stay faily constant from 2020 til 2050. It will run out in about 50 yrs.

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Carmie   did you miss a " 1 " in front of that number?  :-)     solar panels maybe?

If it was our bill, she'd be missing a 3

Super Contributor

Or missing a 0 at the end!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I just got a delivery of fuel oil for the house. $542.00 for 192 gallons.  Last one was early Dec and was $480.00, Sept  was $420.00. I guess I can look for my budget plan monthly payment of $120.00 to take a big jump come June.

Of course it has been like the frozen tundra for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Come on spring, give my furnace a rest.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Your first sentence was a real shocker.  I didn't know anyone used "oil" for heating their homes.   What region of the country are you living in?

Very sorry if this seems like an odd question  ... but I am sincere .....  why aren't you using elecrticity?