Super Contributor

Re: Yet another commercial observation, Marie Osmond saying she is too young to be a first time grandma? Uh, she is 54.

I think it's young. I'm 52 and my kids are only in their early 20's. I don't want to be a grandma at 54.

Respected Contributor

Re: Yet another commercial observation, Marie Osmond saying she is too young to be a first time grandma? Uh, she is 54.

On 8/3/2014 Shorty2U said:

I was a grandmother at age 42. I now have 3 granddaughters. I feel blessed to be a grandmother and I am glad they will remember me once I am gone, and all the wonderful memories of our time together.

My Moms mom died at 28, my moms dad at 47 and my mom died at 51 (2 weeks after my son was born). It breaks my heart that my mom saw my son for only those 2 weeks (which he of course doesn't remember) and that she never got to see my daughter. The never got to know the WONDERFUL person my Mom was! And it breaks my heart that I never knew my grandparents on my Moms side!

So sorry but Marie needs to stop acting like this and feel grateful to be a grandmother in my opinion!!!!!!

There is nowhere in the commercial she is NOT grateful to have a grandchild. Do you really think Marie writes the scripts for her commercials?

Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 minkbunny said:

I don't think that is odd at all, 54 doesn't seem toooooooooooo young.

But, anyway, she wants to be known as a Glam-ma! according to her latest weight loss commercial with her adorable new grandson Steven.

Okay, I like you Marie so Glam-ma it is.

That makes me a Glam-ma and a Great Glam-ma, many many times over. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

i don't think NeNe will be happy with Marie trying to steal her phrase!!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

like several other women here - i became a grandmother in late 30's!! lawd what a shock to the system! people always assumed he was my baby when we were out - some still do that don't know us. i had one lady to tell me when she got over the shock that i was so lucky to have him now. she was older in her 60's and said she would love to be able to keep up and play with her grandson but he wore her out when he would come to visit. if her son was not there with them she did not know what she would do with him because he was too young to be on his own.

Super Contributor

She meant too self absorbed.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 gazelle77 said: 54 is not young.....wishfully thinking Marie....better go have another face lift.

Why must you be so nasty? You are pitiful.

Trusted Contributor

Apparently Marie is having a problem with the fact that she's 54 years old -- so she just pretends she isn't. That's certainly not too young to be a grandma.

Honored Contributor

My friend became a grandma at 35. She was 16 when she had her son then her son fathered a child at 19.

Honored Contributor

I think she feels it internally. Sort of joking, too I bet. She likes to laugh.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Elizabeth Taylor was a grandmother at 36 years old!

I believe Loretta Lynn was about 28 since she started so young and her daughter followed the same path of early marriage and childbearing. 14 years old for both I think or around that age.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Occasional Contributor

Insomniac, not all young grandmothers have daughters that get pregnant at 12 or 13, even though they are included as you say. My daughter is 27 and still hasn't had a child.

I became a mother at the age of 19, as did my son, a father at 19.