Trusted Contributor

Re: Yes you can still return that item even if........

I would never think that $10-$12 back is NOT worth it for a return.  I clip coupons, and I'm thrilled when I can save a dollar on a product.  You better believe I will send something back to get back $10.

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I would never think that $10-$12 back is NOT worth it for a return.  I clip coupons, and I'm thrilled when I can save a dollar on a product.  You better believe I will send something back to get back $10.

Good for you. I have better things to do with my time and $$.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you for the most part however, Q's usual return period is 30 days.  IMO if you can't get around to trying the item, washing it, wearing it, whatever, for 30 days, IMO you should be stuck with it.  Why should QVC bend the rules because someone couldn't be bothered to return something within the stated time frame of returns?   

I also disagree that you should return something if you ruined it in one way or the other.  That is just dishonest and IMO stealing.

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@judEve wrote:

Again the 30 day return policy covers ALL items regardless of if they've pilled, stretched out, shrunk, if you tore it, or if it came apart, if you spilled Clorox on it, red wine, it no longer works, or any other reason!  You can return it! 

I completely disagree with most of this.  If you spilled Clorox or red wine on it, that's YOUR mistake and you own it.  Same with tearing it.  QVC should not have to eat the cost of an item that YOU ruined.  I would never consider asking a company to reimburse me for the cost of an item that I destroyed.  No wonder costs keep rising.  They have to make up the loss from people returning things they shouldn't!

I agree that abuse of the item takes advantage of the 30 day return policy. 

Honored Contributor

@judEve  I wanted to return an item due to the description and presentation being incorrect, and was told that is not considered a reason for a refund, false advertising is not a reason for a return?  I argued, and did receive a refund, but this should be a no brainer.

Also, one can return after thirty days, but the postage will be paid by the buyer, unless that policy has changed.

I don't understand why so many think that if they receive a defective, incorrect or damaged item, they have to pay return mailing costs, it is really common sense, but then so many don't have that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@judEve  I wanted to return an item due to the description and presentation being incorrect, and was told that is not considered a reason for a refund, false advertising is not a reason for a return?  I argued, and did receive a refund, but this should be a no brainer.

Also, one can return after thirty days, but the postage will be paid by the buyer, unless that policy has changed.

I don't understand why so many think that if they receive a defective, incorrect or damaged item, they have to pay return mailing costs, it is really common sense, but then so many don't have that.

In the past when QVC used to refund the original s/h, you could return an item after the 30 days but they didn't refund the original s/h.  Now they don't refund that anyhow and the return policy says you have 30 days from the day you receive an item to return it.   

Regular Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I returned an item in pristine condition and it was returned to me because it was 

past the 30 days. I explained that due to illness I was unable to return sooner.

The item was defective - not true to size. The item is still offered and at the 

price I paid for the item..not on clearance. QVC would not budge.

I have shopped with QVC for 30 + years..I was disappointed in the way

this was handled.

Honored Contributor

Well that does cover it......lol   But honestly, I never got the impression that anyone here ever had any problem returning anything for any reason and QVC is clear about that.  You can return within the return period for any reason or no reason.  However, I have to say that personally I would never return something that I wore and washed 5 times just because it pilled or because I decided the blue wasn't the blue I thought it was.  Just because I "can" return something doesn't mean I "should" return it.  For me, there's element of fairness involved when it comes to returns.  But that's just me...

Respected Contributor

The ones I love are the people who buy in October, then return the item (usually jewelry) in January after wearing it nonstop all that time.  Then, dummy me unknowingly orders it and gets a used ring or bracelet.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

The ones I love are the people who buy in October, then return the item (usually jewelry) in January after wearing it nonstop all that time.  Then, dummy me unknowingly orders it and gets a used ring or bracelet.

@2blonde, you know a ton of people do this with the holiday return policy. I'm betting all kinds of clothing, beauty items, jewelry, holiday decor.....all gets used and returned.  There is really no way for them to prove it wasn't a gift.  The other day Pat didn't even bother mentioning it could be returned until Jan. 31 if it was a gift.  LOL