Trusted Contributor

Re: Yes!!! Our neighbors with the barking pit bull are moving today!!!

On 3/31/2015 sophiamarie said:

OP: GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Some people just don't get it. What they don't get is, when a PB goes on the attack, they will not stop until they KILL (unlike other dogs).....It's in their genetic memory. When it happens to their child, grandchild, dog, cat, whatever, then maybe, just maybe - their "cute, cuddly lapdogs" turns out to be a killing machine.

That picture up above - well, one look at that dog's eye tells me "I'm watching you".... I don't think he looks sweet at all. JMO You can pose that dog any which way - he's still a PB and when he starts to fight, he won't stop. He will protect his owner to "death" - that's for sure.

Wow, you must be an expert in pit bull behavior! How many occasions have you've had actual experience with one? Or have you just read and drank the media Kool-Aid? Some people should not have dogs, children, guns, drive cars, or any thing that they are not intellectually capable of handling. 'Punish the Deed, Not the Breed'.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/31/2015 sophiamarie said:

OP: GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Some people just don't get it. What they don't get is, when a PB goes on the attack, they will not stop until they KILL (unlike other dogs).....It's in their genetic memory. When it happens to their child, grandchild, dog, cat, whatever, then maybe, just maybe - their "cute, cuddly lapdogs" turns out to be a killing machine.

That picture up above - well, one look at that dog's eye tells me "I'm watching you".... I don't think he looks sweet at all. JMO You can pose that dog any which way - he's still a PB and when he starts to fight, he won't stop. He will protect his owner to "death" - that's for sure.

I have a few scars on my right ankle from a Chihuahua wearing a cute blue sweater who had that same "look" you describe.

Respected Contributor

On 3/28/2015 Gooday said:

This is our Smokey with his teddy bear and his new bandana. He is an 85lb. baby who thinks he's a lap dog.

LOL Gooday. Your Smokey reminds me of our grandpup Snowy. She is a white Pitty with some fawn colored patches. For Christmas she had her reindeer antlers and a pretty red sweater. The more we laughed at her the better she liked her new outfit. She is a sweetheart just like your pup. Love our girl!

Valued Contributor

On 3/31/2015 sfnative said:
On 3/31/2015 Alley Catvocate said:
On 3/31/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

I despise people who tie their dogs up in the yard and ignore them.

DesPISE them!

P.S. I have known some very sweet pit bulls and I agree that they get a bum rap. The way some people treat them, no wonder they become dangerous.

ITA-

I don't understand WHY the O.P couldn't just be a barking dog ..{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

OP here,

I've been a fan of Cesar Milan for years, so have viewed hours and hours of pit bull agony and ecstasy via his program. After all this viewing, I have been left with an impression regarding the innate behavior of several breeds in the negative - not always - and pit bulls is one of them. Mr. Milan's pack of pit bulls is wonderful, no doubt, but that is not the norm.

I'm going to say one thing right now: do not pull the r card on me regarding this type of dog. I simply will not abide it. There's a darn good reason why I mentioned pit bull by name. If you don't like it, then go on to another thread. I have about had it with every one and their "dog" pulling the r card whenever it suits them, whether it's humans, dogs, cats, or whatever!

There is one other thing I could have done, but didn't: I could have pulled the r card, but didn't, but did call the police to tow away one of their 7 cars which they abandoned. It had been parked in front of our house for 6.5 months. They're gone, the dog is gone, the car is gone and the silence is wonderful, except for the fact that certain people on this thread have pulled the r card on me. Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous!

There are MANY amazing Pitties amongst my family and friends...

The rest of your post is hard to understand...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

He's looking that way because my SIL is forever taking his picture. Of course he watches - everyone...that's what your pet does! They want to know what you are doing, where you area, etc.

I am not going to lie, when their grandson first started crawling and walking, we ALL kept a very close eye on him. Jordan is now 3 1/2 and Smokey barely gives him a sniff and walks away. I will also say that I would watch ANY child around ALL dogs. It's common sense. Sadly, many people lack it.

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Melania2 said:
On 3/31/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

I despise people who tie their dogs up in the yard and ignore them.

DesPISE them!

P.S. I have known some very sweet pit bulls and I agree that they get a bum rap. The way some people treat them, no wonder they become dangerous.

ITA-

I don't understand WHY the O.P couldn't just be a barking dog ..{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Exactly.

I guess it makes it more interesting when in fact in does more damage to a breed.

Gooday, your Smokey is a hunk!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thank you!

A few months ago we were watching the news. A couple had put a couch on their curb as they were moving. Later that evening, neighbors heard the cries of a dog. The owners put their pit bull in the soft sleeper! For a few days the neighbors fed and cared for the dog before turning it over to animal control. Well...within a few days and after medical clearance, hundreds wanted to adopt the dog. The news did a follow up with the adoptive owners and the dog looked absolutely ecstatic.

Valued Contributor

AWWW..Gooday- LOVE that pic!

This is Maya..

https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

AWWW..Gooday- LOVE that pic!

This is Maya..

Hi neighbor!!! Maya is gorgeous!

We are back in Chi-town. Yesterday and today the weather has been showing signs of spring- FINALLY!

I love your Maya ~ so sweet.

Valued Contributor

Gooday-WELCOME back..Come visit the North side one day!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Melania, just saw your response.. thank you..

Respected Contributor

Gooday-WELCOME back..Come visit the North side one day!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Melania, just saw your response.. thank you..

OR... let me know if you are heading to the southwest suburbs! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}