Honored Contributor

Re: Yes, Meghan IS Influenced by Audrey Hepburn

[ Edited ]

phoenixbrd,

I remember it very well, and that is why I am a little nervous about linking Meghan and Carolyn Bessette.

Meghan's second dress -- other than the neckline, of course -- has the look of Ms. Bessette's wedding dress.  People were remarking about the unfitted look of both of M's dresses; she was probably seeking that same almost 1920-ish, drapey look of Ms. B's wedding dress.

Carolyn and John, Jr., were such a gorgeous couple, just as this couple is.  There will be envious eyes upon them.

I get nervous.   

(When I saw the historic church where John, Jr., and Carolyn Bessette wed in their search for privacy, I did not get a good feeling.  True.  I did not think of an untimely death, but I felt it was not a "lucky" place.  Don't ask me why I felt that, but I did.)  

Honored Contributor

Yes, skuggles, I read what you wrote, and took your words at face value.   

Honored Contributor

This is the photo I remember so well.  Something struck me odd, and I did not like the feeling that I got.  Something darkened my mood and made me fearful for this couple.

I did not feel that at Saturday's wedding.  My only concern has to do with envious, crazy people trying to harm them in some way.

Image result for photo of carolyn bessette and john kennedy exiting church where they were married.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 If you did how did you ever ever come up with your defensive and uncalled for reply? Asking me if I was kidding and and the rest. My reply didn't deserve that.

Honored Contributor

@golding76  I am sure they are very well protected by security ,and they will be fine.

Honored Contributor

cherry,

From your mouth to God's ears, as the saying goes.  This couple has a "lovability" quotient that is very high, too.  They are about good acts and regard for their fellow man.

Much to be envious of.

Honored Contributor

The world certainly needs all of the good role models it can get

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76....all you have to do is lift the neckline on Carolyn's dress, add the required sleeves,  and viola!  If you are going to emulate someone....she is a goldmine.  Yes, what a gorgeous couple they were. 

Honored Contributor

@golding76  You might find this article interesting...looks like we were on to something.

Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress Pays Tribute to Her Style Icon Carolyn Bessette Kennedy  

Honored Contributor

That's a stretch.  Nothing at in those Hepburn pictures looks like Meghan's gown. They couldn't be more different.  Others are saying similar things but it's only because there is nothing new about a boat necklines and sophisticated column dresses.  Her gown was lovely but it didn't break any new gown.  I saw a Julia Roberts commercial yesterday, it's for some cologne.  It's been playing for years and she's wearing a long white, fitted column gown.  Someone could say that dress influenced Meghan's gown.  It didn't, of course.