Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yes, Meghan IS Influenced by Audrey Hepburn

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

At a royal wedding?

Honored Contributor

Media blitz is working! Wedding generating attention, equals money. The same thing happened with Charles and Diana, William and Kate. Insurance to keeping- Monarchy relevant, and the English people wanting more and more. 

Prince Charles and Diana's wedding practically saved the crown. Known fact..

Royal family was at an all time low, not popular, and country in turmoil. 

Respected Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I don't think there was one original idea from Meghan  that surfaced at the wedding. From clothing to service, transportation etc. It was all completely orchestrated and borrowed from icons from the past. Beautiful just the same. Hard to get original in a world as old and as well recorded as ours.

ITA...and why not when it works so well! Elegant, classic and timeless! I think the veil with the 53 flowers might be something original. I thought the wedding was beautiful! Loved her hair and makeup too. I like a minimalist look especially on someone who only needs to enhance her own natural beauty. As far as the slippers, that has also been done before (maybe not at a Royal wedding). I've been to two weddings that had them along with a little bag to carry them in.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

I don't think there was one original idea from Meghan  that surfaced at the wedding. From clothing to service, transportation etc. It was all completely orchestrated and borrowed from icons from the past. Beautiful just the same. Hard to get original in a world as old and as well recorded as ours.

ITA...and why not when it works so well! Elegant, classic and timeless! I think the veil with the 53 flowers might be something original. I thought the wedding was beautiful! Loved her hair and makeup too. I like a minimalist look especially on someone who only needs to enhance her own natural beauty. As far as the slippers, that has also been done before (maybe not at a Royal wedding). I've been to two weddings that had them along with a little bag to carry them in.

No, the veil looked borrowed from QE from onof the pics that I saw, and the use of the flowers from all the commonwealths came from the dress designer and maybe borrowed from QE's veil.

Honored Contributor

Harry's Meghan, it turns out, is an Anglophile. 

Honored Contributor

So what if she's influenced by other style icons?   Am I missing something here?   Lots of women study fashion .... but I get the feeling she's being accused of "stealing" others' styles .... or something ...... 

Don't most brides use the ideas that most appeal to them?

And so what if  "she "didn't have an original idea"  at her wedding @skuggles    ???

I'm sure there was plenty of pressure on her to keep in mind what is traditionally done ..... and how many brides come up with something no one has ever, ever, ever thought of before?   Are you kidding?

Honored Contributor

@golding76....take a look at Carolyn Bessette's wedding dress.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew  Excellent marketing technique....here is the article

Sacramento shoe maker hopes Meghan will use their slippers after the  royal wedding and sent boxes from California

I'm editing as I posted the site address and I don't think that is allowed.  You can search and easily find it if you are interested in the slipper story.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

So what if she's influenced by other style icons?   Am I missing something here?   Lots of women study fashion .... but I get the feeling she's being accused of "stealing" others' styles .... or something ...... 

Don't most brides use the ideas that most appeal to them?

And so what if  "she "didn't have an original idea"  at her wedding @skuggles    ???

I'm sure there was plenty of pressure on her to keep in mind what is traditionally done ..... and how many brides come up with something no one has ever, ever, ever thought of before?   Are you kidding?

Geesh ... I was just stating a fact. Why so defensive. Did you read my whole reply? Are you kidding?????