Honored Contributor

Re: 🐝Yellow Stripey Things🐝

I am a city girl and try to stay away from bees. With that said, a group of us went to a local farm where you can pick your own fruit and veggies. They were interested in raspberries and guess who was abuzzing?

I ain't going in there - so I was where they weren't there. NO - you have to pick them where they are -cuz they know where the sweet ones are.

Yep - near the buzzers were deep red and so so sweet. After a while, I forgot they were there and reached in and plucked as they were busy doing their jobs to be bothered with me. They flew in and out and all around and I was comfortable with them.

I know that doesn't sound anythng amazing....but for me, it was a beautiful sweet memory. Gosh, off the vine sweet is nothing like from a supermarket. Guess that can be said of anything fresh from the earth.

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx  I run and scream, too!  I am petrified of these things!  I had a problem with wasps a couple of years ago.  They managed to find a spot in the house siding to get into and worked their way into the house!  They were coming out of the bathroom exhaust fans and through the holes on the inside of the house where the water pipes come out.  They were on every floor of the house, even the basement.  I even found a couple of dead ones in the washing machine.  It was awful not being able to relax in my own house!  Luckily I was able to find where they were getting in on the outside so I just sprayed and sprayed at dusk and then ran into the house like a wild woman! I definitely needed therapy after that horrifying experience.  HATE HATE HATE those critters!  😡

Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey   I'd rather buy the less sweet ones from the grocery store thank you very much.  The only way I'm hand-pickin' those berries is in a hazmat suit!  You are braver than me!  

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Grouchomarx  I run and scream, too!  I am petrified of these things!  I had a problem with wasps a couple of years ago.  They managed to find a spot in the house siding to get into and worked their way into the house!  They were coming out of the bathroom exhaust fans and through the holes on the inside of the house where the water pipes come out.  They were on every floor of the house, even the basement.  I even found a couple of dead ones in the washing machine.  It was awful not being able to relax in my own house!  Luckily I was able to find where they were getting in on the outside so I just sprayed and sprayed at dusk and then ran into the house like a wild woman! I definitely needed therapy after that horrifying experience.  HATE HATE HATE those critters!  😡

Dear woman how did you survive???? I cannot imagine. I get terrified if stupid flies get inside. Like someone has done witchcraft on me or something. I cannot imagine wasps indoors. I’d surely pass out and die,

Respected Contributor

I think these bees also had a chart on what part of me to sting.😂

They said okay go in and take out a chunk ofl leg.🐝

Honored Contributor

I am not afraid of bees,though I have been stung twice..Once on my lower lip and one time on my arm pit. 

What I hate is horse fly's.  I was bitten by one once.  It hurt really bad and caused blood to drip down my arm.  I avoid them at all costs.

Wasps are pretty scary too.  They are super mean and kill honey bees.  Never been stung by one though.

thanks for the chart. That was helpful.

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx   If I remember correctly, I think the Margaritas helped me get through it.  🍹🍹🍹  I'm like you though........anything that has wings and flies and makes a buzzing noise will freak me out.  Then out comes the Raid and Jose Cuervo!  LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@Pqfan   I think they are required to take human anatomy lessons and military training of some sort!

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz  LOL!  They are under direct orders of their queen to do me in.🤣

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Some of the info. made me chuckle.

...and sting for the heck of it....😆😆😆

2176B9CB-9418-4A6A-B147-5363DABA3021.jpeg