Trusted Contributor

Re: Yeah, Me! It Has Been 24 Hours Since I Last Had A Cigarette!!!

Yeah You!  Congratulations on one of the best decisions of your life...... to help yourself with a healthy future .  I'm sure that those close to you are as proud of you, as you should be of yourself.  Obviously, those of us on this Forum are!

Frequent Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@Plaid Pants2  Congratulations!  Take it one day at a time!  I will be rooting for you!Cat Very Happy

Me too!

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!  You are going to be so happy you gave them up.

I quit 7 years ago in March, I just stayed in bed for 3 days and that is what helped me quit.

I was a 3 pack a day smoker. I did get COPD because of my smoking but It is in the first stage and has been since 2009.

I will pray for you to continue to be smoke free.  

Respected Contributor

You can do it!!! You've made the first step!!

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

It hasn't been easy. There have been times where I wanted one, but I didn't want one, more than I did.

I wasn't enjoying it any more, so I took the last six in the pack, and dumped them in the toilet.

Yeah, me!

Well that explains a lot of things.  

Valued Contributor

OMG, that is the BEST news!!  Thanks for sharing!  Keep being strong and if you have a setback just get back on the wagon.  I used Chantix and it worked like a charm.  I haven't had a cig in nearly a decade.

Esteemed Contributor

Yea for you.Think of all the $$$ and coughing you will save. 

I quit decades ago and understand it ain't easy. Keep on keeping on, you're doing a great thing for yourself and loved ones.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Congrats!  I have never smoked in my life but I applaud you for your enthusiasm. Glad you shared. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I smoked my last cigarette 35 years ago when I noticed that little line forming above my upper lip, I guess it's a good thing to be vain. Stick to your guns, life is so much better without that addiction.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm SO proud of this OP. Yes, it can be done and you can do it!!!!!

I put my last one out over 17 years ago and never picked one up again and you can too! Change your daily habits to make it easier. As soon as you finish eating , get straight up and do something, wash dishes, clean out something, pick out clothes, don't just "sit" at the table. Suck on peppermint candy, it will ease the symptoms and give your mouth something to do. Also, watch your eating, don't substitute food for a cigarette.

Keep a journal of your good progress, say affirmations daily.

It only takes 21 days (3 weeks) to make or break ANY habit. After that the attachment is only mental, not physical. So hang in there, and count your days down!!

I have faith in you, you will be a success !  Be good to yourself, and don't listen to negative self-talk or talk from others.

Blessings!