Respected Contributor

Yay! So Ready for Spring

[ Edited ]

per google: Spring 2023 technically starts at 5:24 p.m. EDT Monday,

March 20 when the sun will be moving directly over the Earth's equator

Spring Quotes: 138 Funny and Inspirational Sayings about Spring

Honored Contributor

Re: Yay! So Ready for Spring

Hate sun, higher electric bills, maintaining grass whenever it never rains in Tx.  More yahoo's out trying to see how much noise they can make. Kids in gulf carts riding up and down the road all day ending in my cul de sac and rooting back up the street.

People walking their mutts and letting them adorn your property. Nope, not much for hot months.

Esteemed Contributor

Not here. Don't care what the calendar says we are expecting 4 days of rain & snow.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE    Have you considered moving back to Indiana?  You sound like you hate being where you are.  I don't blame you as it's very desolate, no good shopping or entertainment.  Nothing to see or do and you're not willing to travel. 

I, too, dread summer but it's because it's simply so hot for so long. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Nobody I care to be around up there. LOL

Too much trouble financially to switch business.

My executor down here is the preacher, nobody up there has any sense to handle complicated business.

In my old age too much trouble.

Honored Contributor

Gifs Snoopy, Snoopy Images, Snoopy Pictures, Snoopy Quotes, Peanuts Images, Peanuts Quotes, Peanuts Cartoon, Peanuts Snoopy, Charlie Brown Und Snoopy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Spring!   It is 47 degrees where I am.  I am wearing a fleece jacket in my house.  I have about a month to go before it feels like spring. I understand how some of you feel about the bad side of warm weather.  Before retirement I went to bed early because I had to be up by 4:30am for work.  Took a long time to fall asleep because the sun sets later, people outside making noise, crime increases in the hot weather in a densely populated city.  Hahaha I must seem so negative!   Well, I moved outside of city limits, don't work anymore, and I love Spring. Soon I will be in between needing the heat and the fan or air conditioner, so my energy bill will get a break for a few months. Can't wait for the weather to warm up.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE SPRING!!! 

Dancing butterflies, blooming flowers, singing birds, buzzing bees, --Nature is waking up!

Happy spring - Free animated GIF - PicMix

Respected Contributor

I live in the midwest so March 20 being spring is like being an adult on your 18th birthday.  It might be official, but you still have a long way to go.

Honored Contributor

Besides the heat and humidity which I am never comfortable in,  the noise level elevates in my neighborhood when the weather warms up.  The worst noise, the deafening sound of lawn mowers.  The people in my neighborhood do not have large pieces of property but those lawn mowers are always out early in the morning to late afternoon.  Why isn't something done to make these machines less noisy!  All the technology we have and yet certain things are ignored.  My sister visited for a month and couldn't believe how often the lawn mowers were out and the noise level.  I don't begrudge the workers, they are trying to make a living.  But these lawn companies  do nothing to alleviate the noise of their archaic machines.  Yes, it costs money but it would be well worth the task for our health and well being. Wishful thinking on my part.