Honored Contributor

Re: Yay! All of my windows are open today!

windows are open windows are open, oh boy is it nice

Super Contributor

@DiAnne yikes, that has to be tough! I can't imagine no a/c, but then again I'm in the southeast (and menopausal to boot lol).

Hope your weather cools down soon! I have a friend that lives in Oregon and he said it has been miserable. I think he put in a window unit though.

We had an unexpected "cold front" last weekend; temps didn't really get cool but the humidity dropped for two days and that was enough for me to open my windows one evening. Can't wait until October when I can air my house out good!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

I opened my windows and threw our sheets and blankets on the clothesline......

Trusted Contributor

That's wonderful! Enjoy every moment of having cooler, fresher air in your home!

I haven't been outside yet today, but Long Island has been pretty hot and humid this summer.   Yesterday was no different, although it did feel cooler last night.

We did have a day or two of cooler/drier temps in the last few weeks.  I love being able to open up the windows and feel the fresh air.  It reminds me that fall is coming.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  -  I'm so jealous!!!  I'm in the South right now, and won't be able to have the windows open until probably the first part of October.  I love having my windows open and the fresh air, but the pollen will kill you.

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  -  I'm so jealous!!!  I'm in the South right now, and won't be able to have the windows open until probably the first part of October.  I love having my windows open and the fresh air, but the pollen will kill you.

@IlliniGirl88 - Sunday here and only 66 and raining - I'm loving this!  We are supposed to have cooler air most of the week.  Left bedroom window open last night with a fan in it - heaven!  I've noticed the burning bushes starting to turn red and the ornamental grasses are going to seed already - fall not far off and I can't wait!

Respected Contributor

Ours were opened last night and now this morning in Westchester County, NY.  This is the first day the AC has not been humming in longer than I can remember.

Respected Contributor

I opened up last night just to be so rudely awakened by the smell of skunk....that little fella  must have sprayed right under my window..

Esteemed Contributor

Same here with the windows in PA the past days. Thank God too because our electric bill for central air has been very expensive this Summer with the hot weather.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Our temps went way down sometime Friday afternoon.  When I was home for lunch it was hot. When I left after work, it was crazy windy and chilly.  Unfortunately both Friday night and all much of Saturday I was gone so the house had to stay closed.  But as soon as I got home Saturday evening, I opened them all up and got some fresh air.