Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

Yesterday all I heard was Laurel.

Today I heard Yanny and then it switched Laurel half way through....

Very interesting how we each hear things.....

@Q4u  I thought it was just me who heard both.  I have some inner ear issues, so I thought maybe that was why.  Or maybe my connection slowed the playback the first time it was said and then caught up to normal speed.

I guess there may be more to it than that.

I think there is far more to this than what we assume.  I find it very interesting and feel that pitch has a lot to do with it along with personal hearing issues.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

This was what I heard. On my TV I heard Laurel & on my laptop I hear Yanny.

Esteemed Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I hear Laurel.  Makes you wonder about conversations where you know you said one thing, and the other person in the conversation thinks you said something else!  Or about those we say have "Selective Hearing" !  LOL

I don't know, @ItsME.  My dad seemed to not be able to hear "honey do" requests, but if you casually mentioned that you were about to throw out the ice cream he seemed to hear that loud and clear.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Laurel....

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel@No matter how many times I hear it or where I listen to it...yanny

Respected Contributor

Between the news and a couple daytime shows, I saw/heard this at least 5 times yesterday.  I heard Yanny every time and couldn't understand how anyone heard Laurel.  Then the last time I heard it, I very clearly heard Laurel.  Strange.

Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel I was the same way, first I heard Yanny then the second time Laurel no doubt about it?

Honored Contributor

I heard Yanny, so did hubby and both my daughters.  My sister heard Laurel.  The funny thing is that whatever you hear,  you can't understand how anyone could hear anything else.  

Trusted Contributor

Laurel

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I heard Yanny, so did hubby and both my daughters.  My sister heard Laurel.  The funny thing is that whatever you hear,  you can't understand how anyone could hear anything else.  

@chrystaltree  I heard both.  So I guess it would be hard for me to take a side.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org