Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

It would be interesting to know what we hear if we weren’t primed to select one of those two choices. 

on THE VIEW yesterday i believe joy said she was hearing "yummy."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I heard Yanny; teacher daughter heard Laurel, and husband with his state of the art digital hearing aids heard “Mary”!    

As has been said by others, there is no wrong answer, it is simply pointing out the pitch and tone levels of each person’s hearing.   If each of us were to run out for a hearing evaluation right now, we would learn whether our strengths are in high tone, or low tone sounds, along with other individualized facts.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yanny Vs. Laurel

[ Edited ]

First time on the car radio: Laurel.

second time on TV: Yanni.

On the link from this thread: back to Laurel.

I think something fishy is going on with this...

Honored Contributor

@RedTop

isnt there really a wrong answer?

has the person who recorded this actually said if he was saying yanny or laurel or both something else OR is it a computer generated voice?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@RedTop

isnt there really a wrong answer?

has the person who recorded this actually said if he was saying yanny or laurel or both something else OR is it a computer generated voice?

They showed on the news that it was a 'bot' word and laurel for an info card.   Knowing that we never could hear anything besides 'yenny' 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Last night on nbc news they played both, i heard yanny on first,but then they played it again ,and it was laurel. Confused me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@RedTopLOL...my DH loved it when I told him your DH response.

Valued Contributor

I heard Laurel.  

Honored Contributor

You hear what you hear and it sounded like Yanni to me 

Honored Contributor

Soooo weird.  On one device it was Yanny over and over and on another device Laurel Laurel Laurel.  I don't have a scientific mind so:  mind blown.