Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

I wonder why anyone cares about this lol. It was all over social media this week.

just a little distraction from all of the problems in the country and the world.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Oh @sunshine45, I LOVE your "what do you see" post.  LOL  At first, of course, I saw Yanny, but then noticed how the Y looked like an L and saw Laurel.  That's terrific!  (I still don't HEAR Laurel, though.)

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@ItsME wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel  .... it goes the other way too.... My father often fell soundly asleep on the couch in the evenings, snoring and all.  But if anyone said that he was sleeping, he'd wake immediately and deny it.  One evening I wanted to borrow his car, but he was asleep.  I discussed my not wanting to take it without his permission, and not wanting to wake him, with my mother, who was sitting on the same couch.  We were speaking at a normal conversational volume.  Then I had a brainstorm... I WHISPERED "He's sleeping."  He woke up right on cue and said "I'm awake."  I said "Okay, can I borrow your car?"  Goal achieved without the guilt of waking him!

@ItsME  LoL!!  My dad was the same way. 

@mistriTsquirrel. I am laughing because my dad was the same way also!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

yanny.jpg

Noooooooooo.  It's multiplying LOL.  I could barely get through Where's Waldo LOL.

Respected Contributor

Of course that very clearly says Launej. Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I'm in the Yanny camp regardless of what device I hear it on. Saw a few things this morning that said that if you can hear higher frequencies, you'll hear Yanny even though the word is actually Laurel.  If you can't hear the higher frequencies, you'll hear Laurel.

I find this stuff very interesting Smiley Surprised

@lkat, does it have any relationship to how well you hear? I can hear someone opening a bag of potato chips a mile away!

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@lkat, does it have any relationship to how well you hear? I can hear someone opening a bag of potato chips a mile away!

@Jordan2 I'm not sure though I know that some people suffer from high frequency hearing loss.  I'm the same as you as far as sometimes hearing more things than I want to.  It can be really annoying!  There used to be a woman that sat in a cube a little ways outside of my office and every day she'd eat a bag of chips with her lunch.  It drove me mad!  Even though she chewed with her mouth shut I swear I heard every crunch as if she was sitting right next to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

I wonder why anyone cares about this lol. It was all over social media this week.

@FlowerBear  Yeah, it may seem kind of stupid, but I think there are a few things that can be learned from it.

A lot of people seem to think that their way of perceiving the world is the only way...or the only right way.  Sometimes people need a reminder that not everyone sees--or hears--things the same way they do...and that's okay.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I heard Meghan and then I heard Harry.

@QueenDanceALot  Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

yanny.jpg

@sunshine45  That's pretty cool!!