Occasional Contributor

Yankee Candle line at Wally Store

Flipping through my Walmart flyer, I was surprised to find that they now carry a line of Yankee Candles called American Home. Fragrances pictured are Shades of Fall, Pumpkin Apple Harvest and Sweet & Salty Carmel. (Alas no Macintosh🍎, my absolute favorite.) Several sizes are shown with prices ranging from $3.43 to $14.93 for the large size. The candle aisle is always my last stop when shopping at Walmart so that I can critique their fragrances, whether I actually purchase a candle or not. I have flameless candles but there is just something so relaxing about the old fashioned kind.

Respected Contributor

@nysmom wrote:

Flipping through my Walmart flyer, I was surprised to find that they now carry a line of Yankee Candles called American Home. Fragrances pictured are Shades of Fall, Pumpkin Apple Harvest and Sweet & Salty Carmel. (Alas no Macintosh🍎, my absolute favorite.) Several sizes are shown with prices ranging from $3.43 to $14.93 for the large size. The candle aisle is always my last stop when shopping at Walmart so that I can critique their fragrances, whether I actually purchase a candle or not. I have flameless candles but there is just something so relaxing about the old fashioned kind.

I'll have to look.  I use one of those candle warmers that has the light at the top so I never light them.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Re: Yankee Candle line at Wally Store

I was in Walmart the other day for cleaning supplies and happened upon the candle isle, which I always enjoy perusing.  I saw the Yankee candles you're talking about.  I thought they were okay, but I didn't think their fragrance was as highly scented as the regular Yankee candles.   The Better Homes and Garden candles were more intensely scented.  BTW, the BH&G candles have a very nice throw and are very reasonable. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

The American Home scents are great - and are often found at TJMaxx and Marshalls for cheap!

Honored Contributor

I will have to check these out, I love Yankee candles but their prices have really gotten out of hand  ..........  thanks for the tip!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Just checked on Walmart.com and they are there as well.   Should be free shipping for over $35.00.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I found this ad for them:

American Home by Yankee Candle now available at Walmart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Just checked on Walmart.com and they are there as well.   Should be free shipping for over $35.00.

I checked also, and it says the American Home brand is only sold in stores!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I checked also, and it says the American Home brand is only sold in stores!

Are you sure? I just put one in my cart and they are charging me $4.00+ dollars to ship to my office.  Strange.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Yankee Candle is already at Target, Fred Meyers, Meijers and Bed, Bath and Beyond so lots of choices.