Honored Contributor

Re: Yahoo! e-mail major problems! I'm going back to pen and paper!

Verizon also recently acquired AOL.  I had to switch my e-mail to AOL, but was able to keep my verizon address.  I never had a problem with Verizon e-mail.  But I absolutely hate AOL's format.  And i used to use it all the time!  But it is, what it is.  It's OK.

Respected Contributor

I use Yahoo email every day and in the past two days when I click on my Yahoo account I have had to sign in again, everytime.  So something's going on.  I use that account for all my "business" and shopping.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom Not sure what type of computer you have. I have Windows and I use Windows Live Mail to get my mail. It was Outlook Express on the older versions. It's a separate program so once your email is downloaded it's on the computer. That way even if Yahoo is down or giving you trouble any old emails you need are still available.

Honored Contributor

I had a similar problem with AOL.  I can sign in just fine but I can't receive any email.  I spent two LONG  evenings with their reps in India, which I hope to never have to do again.  The first guy after working on it a couple of hours finally just hung up on me when he couldn't fix it.  The second night I got a brighter rep who enabled me to sign in.  I thought it was fixed, but no, I couldn't get mail.  I gave up and transitioned to Gmail. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624

I hate!!!!!! the foreign call centers. You can ask for one in the states. Now I know. Sometimes though they'll say I am in the US. Go figure.I had to do a bunch of ****** and change my pass word. An hour and a half, 2 guys same time. The one who was definately from here chewed gum, talked fast, took over the computer and fixed it pronto. The other guy who I could not understand talked very slow like I was a moron. Guess I was I could barely understand him. He must have said modem 30 times before I understood.

Honored Contributor

I have two yahoo accounts, one for business and the other for friends and family. One of my accounts I had trouble with a few months back, I clicked on the link asking if I had trouble signing in and then I had to answer a series of questions that only I knew the answers to, it took about ten minutes and then I was back in my account.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Until Verizon purchased AOL I used Outlook which came with my Microsoft Office Software.  Got all of my verizon email through outlook.  Now, Verizon stopped supporting that email and made everyone sign on to AOL to keep @verizon email addresses.  I go through AOL and log on for that as well as having two Gmail accounts.

I use my @Verizon email strictly for important things and the gmails I don't care.....

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I dumped Yahoo several months ago use only gmail now.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)