Respected Contributor

Yahoo Emails Hacked

[ Edited ]

This morning my husband got a email from me with an attached link.  He asked if I had sent him something and I said NO.  I looked in my sent file and there was nothing. I changed my password.   Beware if you have Yahoo.  

Edited to add:  I changed my password after the last hack.   By the Way:  Yahoo waited a year before warning us about that hack.   Attention.gif

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch  How do you know it wasn't just your own account that was hacked, but rather all the Yahoo accounts?    I use Yahoo and no such thing has happened.

Respected Contributor

Re: Yahoo Emails Hacked

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@esmeraldagooch  How do you know it wasn't just your own account that was hacked, but rather all the Yahoo accounts?    I use Yahoo and no such thing has happened.

HUH?   We have multiple accounts at different servers None of these others were affected..  Who else could have gotten my password to this email unless Yahoo was hacked? It was sent to my husband's corporate business email which was only in my yahoo account.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Yahoo Emails Hacked

[ Edited ]

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

http://lifehacker.com/500-million-yahoo-accounts-hacked-change-your-password-1786958537

HUH? Look at the date on that article!  I knew about that - long ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

http://lifehacker.com/500-million-yahoo-accounts-hacked-change-your-password-1786958537

HUH? Look at the date on that article!  I knew about that - long ago.

@Pearlee

Yup, it's dated  9/22/2016

Old news.

Respected Contributor

That's the problem with this forum, you read it and think it's gotta be right...

please, as these ladies did, don't get alarmed and do your homework first.

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch  Are you using Yahoo!'s e-mail two step verification?  I started using that after the original well publicized breach.   Not that it's fool proof but any little bit helps. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This.

When you want to warn people, please be cautious so you don't panic people. Individual accounts are hacked every day and far more often than a massive hack.

It's always good to be cautious about your own data and accounts, but when you say "Yahoo Emails Hacked," it sounds as if Yahoo has been the victim of a(nother) massive hack. I don't believe that's the case.

Change your passwords and run some anti-virus and malware scans and I'm sure you will be fine.

Respected Contributor

My computer does this daily. ChynnaBlue.  I changed my password after the last Yahoo hack.  If all you remember, YAHOO WAITED A YEAR LAST TIME TO WARN PEOPLE. So I don't really trust they care about any of us .  If you want to come down on a messinger go ahead.  I am just warning you this happened to me.