Respected Contributor

Ya gotta love painters........and a caution

I'm guilty of this myself.........hiding in something I've painted, something that for me at least, says what I'm thinking...........I know a tattoo artist, and we won't even go into what he hides in each and every tattoo he does LOL..........................raven

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/portrait-artist-says-he-painted-lewinsky-reference-in-bill-cl...

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

Re: Ya gotta love painters........and a caution

Super Contributor

Hmmm, as much as I think what Bill Clinton did was disgusting, I don't think the artist should have painted images that weren't there. He should have just painted exactly what he saw in the room at the time the subject was being painted. But, then again...... tee hee hee!

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

According to Wikipedia:

The Presidential portrait of Bill Clinton was the first of such portraits to be painted by an African American, Simmie Knox. It was completed in 2002.

And, it looks like this:

Image result for bill clinton's official portrait

At the unveiling:

Image result for bill clinton's official portrait

The second portrait, by Nelson Shanks, is hanging in the National Portrait Gallery and was completed in 2006. I'm not sure why there is a second Presidential portrait, but the one by Simmie Knox is considered to be the "official" one, according to The White House website. [http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/photogallery/official-portraits-us-presidents]

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Esteemed Contributor

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

To me, the shadow adds nothing. It just looks like a misplaced shadow to me, regardless of what the artist intended. Interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

I found the article in the link entertaining!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Wow, interesting that my reply asking who would support hidden images in other presidential portraits was poofed, yet this thread remains. Even more interesting that restarting a poofed subject is specifically against the community standards.

And someone said webbie didn't support the republican agenda.....uh huh....yup.

Regular Contributor

Mr. Or Ms Webbie, this is a anti Clinton POLITICAL thread, and why are you poofing our posts if we say so but you leave the anti Clinton posts then? :-(