Honored Contributor

YOUR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND PLANS?

Memorial Day Weekend is a 3 day weekend for most ... what are your plans?

Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND PLANS?

THE BEACH!!!!!......for a week and a half.......

cannot wait! finally it looks like we will have some extended periods of sunny, warm weather.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

We have a wedding on Sunday.  I just "love" people that plan a wedding on a holiday weekend.  It's taking place in the hotel of a downtown Chicago hotel.  GREAT!  A holiday weekend AND holiday traffic because the lakefront does a fireworks display.

Do I sound like I'm complaining?  You bet I am but, we will go, put on a happy face....its one day out of our lives.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I usually go to Atlantic City for a few days of gambling, swimming, boardwalk people laughing watching & eating.

This year, I plan on going over to Philly for their festivities on Penns Landing & the surrounding areas (South St.).

Plan B

Staying home & gouging on Bobby Chez seafood (I live 1 1/2 miles from his shop).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

We live at the Jersey shore so will be hosting a house filled with guests most of the holiday weekend.  Summer weather should arrive tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

We live at the Jersey shore so will be hosting a house filled with guests most of the holiday weekend.  Summer weather should arrive tomorrow!

Did you ever see the cast of Jersey Shore?

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

Did you ever see the cast of Jersey Shore?

We live in a different town.

Honored Contributor

@Gooday I know how you feel about the wedding on a Holiday weekend. We have one July 3rd. 

Honored Contributor

I am lucky enough to have a photo of my direct ancestor, in uniform, who died as a result of war wounds during the Civil War, fighting for the Union.  I always place it on our mantel with a few candles around it.

Since Memorial Day has also come to signal the beginning of summer, I usually plan to have a menu like burgers, coleslaw, potato salad and a red, white and blue mix of fruit salad.

Hopefully we will also have a trip to a beach not far from here that we love. 

Respected Contributor

Getting tires and an alignment done on my car on Saturday, then off to walk dogs at the shelter.  Sunday we'll just hang out.  Walk dogs at the shelter on Monday (people don't like to give up their holidays, so we always need help).