Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST QVC PURCHASE & YOUR FAVORITE ONE?

I have been with QVC since the beginning.

I don't remember my first purchase but I'm sure it was a Susan Graver piece or a gold chain.

Respected Contributor

I don't remember specifically what my first purchase would have been, but I do know it would have been jewelry.  I have so many QVC items that I love I couldn't begin to pick out a favorite.  It would probably be a jewelry item.  I used to take the day off from work for the Big Bonanza Silver Day when it really offered many nice pieces.  Used to love Silver Style - that was my Sunday morning wake up.  From Silver Style I bought silver bangles with an enamal color in every color they had and kept waiting for one that had yellow enamel but it never came around.  Those bracelets I still wear just about every day in the summer.  There were 12 of them in various colors.  I also liked Veranese Gold and have many pieces of it.

I love my Susan Graver and Isaac Mizrahi clothes.  I watched QVC for many years before I watched a Denim & Co show.  I guess the name Denim&C0 turned me off because I don't like denim and didn't realize what other items they sold.  I bought many of the side pocket pants after I discovered them and also many capris.  I have moved past those items now, but still find many D&C items.  Glad I decided to watch a show, don't remember how that came about.

This year I bought Valerie Parr Hill's globes with the holly decor and the TVS led ornament balls and I love both of those items.  I have a pink hurricane with hydranga's and the hydranga floral ring, love that too.

Respected Contributor

First purchase:  (about 25-30 years ago) - an infared hand held muscle relaxer

Favorite purchase:  a garbage disposal strainer & stopper (all one piece)

Regular Contributor

Like so many others I have watched QVC since day one and know my first purchase was jewelry sold by Kathy Levine but cannot tell you what piece it was.  I watched for over a month or more before I purchased.  My favorite purchase is a kitchen item and that is unbelievable since I hate to cook!  It is a little defroster for frozen foods.  You sit it on the counter, place the frozen food on it, and within a short period of time the food is defrosted.  Cleans up beautifully and I have had it for many many years.

Respected Contributor

I don't remember my first purchase nor do I have a favorite but my most memorable purchase was a set of body wash, lotion and perfume from Philosophy in Field of Flowers.  The reason it is the most memorable is it arrived at my house totally by surprise.  Apparently I had taken an Ambien to help me sleep one night and must have been sleep shopping as I have no recollection of ordering it.  I did like it very much and have continued to purchase Philosophy ever since. 

Honored Contributor

1. A computer. Way back when, I had an emergency when my primary computer died and QVC just so happened to have an HP laptop promotion going on.

2. Luminara candles. I don't think I would have known about them without QVC. You have to see them in motion to understand why they are better than normal LED fake candles.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've also been here from almost the beginning/  My first purchase was a 1/2 TW Diamonique in 14k yellow gold.  I loved those earrings and had them for years and I lost one about 8 - 10 years ago.  I've tried buying the same thing (another Diamonique pair) and they were absolutely not the same.  

My most favorite, my Dooneys over the years (all of them were/are my favorites) .  Really miss them on QVC..... hint, hint!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@sugarbee wrote:

Like so many others I have watched QVC since day one and know my first purchase was jewelry sold by Kathy Levine but cannot tell you what piece it was.  I watched for over a month or more before I purchased.  My favorite purchase is a kitchen item and that is unbelievable since I hate to cook!  It is a little defroster for frozen foods.  You sit it on the counter, place the frozen food on it, and within a short period of time the food is defrosted.  Cleans up beautifully and I have had it for many many years.

@sugarbee 

OMG .....   I have never heard of this .... what is the brand?   Is it electric?   What is it called?   I want one!  

Frequent Contributor

My first purchase back around 1987 was a pair of large 14K gold love knot earrings. I still wear them. 

Not sure about my favorite purchase, but it might be an olive green washable suede jacket from Denim & Co. I wore it for 15-20 years and finally retired it when I lost weight and it no longer fit. Wish I could buy another.

Honored Contributor

1.  A "gold" ring w/ pink Diamonique stone.

2. A pair of Clark's boots I bought  years ago - "try me" price - still wearing them.